First time with OPK

mssk

Mom of two
Reaction score
This is the my first cycle using OPK's. We had two losses in the last 8 months and are really hoping we get a sticky baby this time. I got the OPK's because after the second loss my cycle has been all over the place and O has been hard to track--cm has been all over the place. So I took a test today cycle day six just to get a base line. My question is should the test line get slighty darker each day until it is a blaring positive, Could the line being this dark already on day 6 mean O is close? or is it normal for the line to be this dark? Any input appreciated. :)

Attachments

• DSCN0443.jpg
    DSCN0443.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 9
Mine were like that when i started testing cd7. I got my positive cd 14. They were pretty much that same color until i got my positive. Hope you get yours soon hun!

Thank you, I wasn't sure if the negatives would stay the same color if there would be progression. Good to know, at least now I won't get discouraged if the line takes forever to get darker lol

My OPKs will be darker than other days. They never get gradually darker. I think everyone is different.

Everyone is defintely different. I was super confused about this when I TTC my first a few years ago.

I get nothing, completly stark white tests until CD 15/16 when the faint line gets darker until ovulations around CD18/19. After my positive test the next day my tests are stark white again.

Hope you get your dark line soon :)
I'm having a frustrating first month TTc #2 with an almost positive OPK on Saturday and nothing since.

Joy x

My lines vary. One day light, the next dark, light again, the. Out of the blue positive. Good luck

Thank you ladies, I guess all I can do is take them everyday. It is a shame that they arn't more progressive like hcg tests! :)

Hey, completely new to this. We have just decided to ttc. I stopped taking the pill the first week in Oct. Had AF on 6th November until 10th. Completely stopped yesterday. Have never taken ova tests so this cycle is the first time.

Started testing on 8th, was still on my period but wanted to have an idea and plus I have read that you can still ov on your period.

Attached a picture the last test is today at 12pm so would be cd7

Any advice as to if this is a okp or if this is just the start and will get darker?

Attachments

• IMG_6292.jpg
    IMG_6292.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 13
They're negative hun. When the test line is as dark or darker than the control line its positive. If you have regular 28 day cycles you could expect a positive from cd12 onwards really, but keep testing- good luck!

Thanks! I had AF at on 6th november and only finished yesterday. so maybe too early just going to test throughout this cycle as I'm unsure to my dates just came off bc beginning of Oct. Good job no positive as other half is out of town!

My temp is usually 36.5. How high does temp rise when ov starts ? and when is best time to test temp ?

It's diff for everyone. Temping must be done first thing, soon as you wake, before you get out of bed.

iak- in order for temping to be accurate you need to use a basal thermometer not just a regular one and I think it has to be oral or vaginal. I also think it needs to be a thermometer that records to two decimal places (i.e 36.55) as the increase in temp is sometimes quite fine.

Fertility friend website gives loads of fantastic information. You need to take it when you first wake (normally same time) and take it before you stand up, take off bedcovers etc. Record your temps and when you see a sustained rise in temp (i.e over three days) then that can show ovulation. Really recommend Fertility Friend though.

Joy x

Ok I'm going abit crazy here. These are my ov tests. The one on the 12th was only CD7 and seems to be the darkest. Yesterday it went light and then today CD9 seems to be more pink than purple( the last test in the picture) really need some advice. Hope I haven't missed surge :(

I don't understand why it has gone from being dark to light.

Just ordered temp, so waiting for that to arrive

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 7
I think the strength of the result varies throughout the month dependant on how much you've drunk and time on day (ie how diluted it is). None of those are positive so definitely continue testing. Do you know what CD you expect to ovulate on?

Thanks Joybell. I have no idea when to expect ov as i came off BC beginning of Oct and this is my first cycle actually recording anything.

Done test with first urine today and had creamy-white discharge (sorry for tmi)

What do you think ?

Attachments

• IMG_6320.jpg
    IMG_6320.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 2
Not positive yet but looks similar to your tests a few days ago. OPKs are best not taken with first morning urine. They say late morning to afternoon is best to let the hormone build in your system. I test around late morning and once I start getting darker results test late morning and late afternoon to be sure I don't miss anything.

When I was TTC my first I got a fairly dark result but still negative in morning but it was super positive by the late afternoon.

Keep testing. I normally ovulate between CD18-20 but I think that's later than 'standard'. Everyone is different

Good luck

Need some advice these are my ov tests starting from CD 1 to today which is CD11. Some creamy discharge from yesterday. The last test was taken today when I woke up. The tests are going dark to light and then dark. Don't know what is going on. I'm thinking that I'm not going to ov :(

Haven't been able to use temp as it's still on its way from Amazon. Really stressed that I don't think I will ov this cycle. These tests are playing tricks on me :( what do you think ladies ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 9
It's normal for the tests to go darker then lighter. Some days I have no second line other days the second line is really dark.
Your cm is creamy which means you're not fertile yet so I wouldn't expect a positive Opk just yet. Keep testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->