First Timer!!!

mnicole

Reaction score
Hey ladies! I am excited to use the LH test strips this cycle, and maybe learn a little bit more about my body and how it's operating. I am on cycle day 5 right now, period ended yesterday...should I start testing now?? I am confused as to when to start, as my periods are not regular. My last cycle was 36 days, and before that 28 days, and previous to that I had a natural MC...so I am very lost about when to start (I don't want to miss it). I have 17 of the little pee sticks, so I do have a few to spare, haha. I just wonder if it is to early to even bother, considering I just came off a 36 day cycle? I honestly have no idea about how these things work, I get the line reading but not a lot about what happens once you get a positive-is that the only day of optimum fertility? Or is it AFTER I get a positive reading?

Once you get a positive (as dark or darker than the control line) it means you will likely ovulate within the next 24 hrs. So you should BD that day and the next. If your CM isn't EWCM I'd recommend getting pre-seed. I have similar cycles to yours ranging from 29 to 40 days. I don't start OPK'ing until CD10.
Good luck to you!!

Thanks for the tips! It was suggested to me earlier to start at day 10, I am honestly just so excited to try this out, I want to start today, haha.

I tested for the first time yesterday at cd13 and got two positives today, cd14. :) says on my package it means I will ovulate within 24-36 hours. :)

If you have enough tests hun is start cd9 if not before I ovulate cd10 and is hate for u to miss it, can't hurt Nd u get to try them out early yey! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->