First trimester blues?

sdova

Reaction score
I'm 22 and will be married for a year on Sunday, in November my husband and I decided in December that we would try for a baby. I always thought I would get pregnant right away but since a few months went by and I still wasn't pregnant, I began to get worried, I wanted a baby so bad, my doctor even put me on Clomid because my cycles were irregular. I became pregnant in March. I was so excited, and extremely worried that something would go wrong and I would have a miscarriage, but I was overjoyed when I saw my baby's heartbeat at 7 weeks. I am now 10 weeks and for the pass few weeks I have been very depressed, I keep wondering if I made a mistake and shouldn't have gotten pregnant so soon. I have no idea why I feel this way when I wanted to be pregnant so bad but I find myself frustrated and depressed that I cannot do things I did before. I'm also having anxiety about everything. I used to run 5 to 7 miles a day and now that my doctor said I need to tone it down, I have already been gaining weight at only 10 weeks, which is also making me depressed. I find myself wishing I wouldn't have gotten pregnant but at the same time worried about having a miscarriag and losing my baby. I also work at a daycare and find myself constantly irritated, and just wanting to get away from all the babies toddlers and kids. I dont understand why im feeling this way when I knew I was ready for a child and now that im pregnant I feel I am not.. is this just the pregnancy hormones? Will it get better in the 2nd trimester?

I think this is pretty normal, and I have experienced it this pregnancy (and last), despite having 4 losses, and trying for over 3 years; this pregnancy resulting due to clomid. It's such a massive life change - of course you don't resent the baby and you want it dearly - but it's normal, IMO, to have second thoughts and question it now it's finally here. I think it'll get better, it has for me so far, especially when you feel LO move. Don't beat yourself up! :hugs:

hey hon i think it is totally normal. hormonal changes can easily get you depressed, and overthinking on how to face it all can overwhelm you. the thing is, you face one thing at a time, one day at time, day by day. looking and trying to take all the changes in all at once is damaging as the entity of it just crushes you. i am sure it will get better and that all the women experience these kinds of thoughts and feelings.

Hi hun, Don't worry everything will be just fine. As the other ladies said It's absolutely normal. I get those ups and downs all the time and is just due to hormone levels. At the 2nd trimester usually gets better. Just think that at the end of this journey you will have a precious baby with you and you will just fall in love with him/her.
:hugs:
ps: The nature of my job need tones of patience and I used to have loads, but now... I just want to finish soon too, so you are not the only one :)

I am 22 also and before becoming pregnant was desperate for a baby. Then when it happened I went into shock mode i think and questioned myself as to whether i was even ready for this, as time goes on I can definitely assure you it does disappear. Im now 23 weeks with a baby girl and couldnt be more excited and the bond i feel i have with her is amazing!

You will get there I think, just takes a little more time. Don't panic its just hormones probably. I was pregnant before and MC and was the same then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->