first trimester depression anyone else?

pirate1974

Reaction score
this is my 2nd pregnancy, but my last one I didn't feel really down. It must be hormonal and also it took a lot to get pregnant this time, so perhaps that emotional rollercoaster is adding to it, but I just am so down (thrilled we are having another) but feel depressed. Anyone else?

Big hugs momma :hugs: and congratulations! i have down moments where i think maybe i am depressed but then im ok and feel daft.. then the feeling come again.. vicious cycle. Definetly speak to somebody about how your feeling hun don't go through it alone. We all here too :flower:

You are definitely not alone. Last pregnancy I had a bit of anxiety and depression. The sad feelings went away after birth, but the anxiety got kind of extreme and I ended up being treated for postpartum anxiety. With this pregnancy, my anxiety has already gone through the roof and I'm worried it'll only get worse.

Do you have anyone you can talk to? I'm going to talk to my midwife about my anxiety at my first prenatal appointment. Like you, it also took us a long time to conceive (I ended up needing Clomid) and I think those difficulties made this more of an emotional roller coaster. At times, I'm convinced I don't deserve this baby and that something will happen to the pregnancy.

Anyway, I'd love to be a support buddy if you need someone. I know we can get through this!

I've been there, around 6-8 weeks. I have a lot going on in my life at the moment, with previous losses and a huge work deadline coming up. But I could still tell that I wasn't actually sad or down but it was hormones that caused it. And come 8 weeks, the depression lifted as quickly as it had descended and I feel fine now. How far along are you? Hoping it's a similar thing for you. But if you feel it gets too much or there's more to it, definitely talk to someone! Even just a friend who's been pregnant before might be a good place to start, or come and vent here!

I am 12 weeks now but was diagnosed with antenatal depression at 6 weeks... 1 out of 10 pregnant women experience it. I started 50mg of zoloft and by 8 weeks and felt a lot better. If you don't feel right, definitely talk to your doctor sooner rather than later!

Also, this will be baby #3 for me and this is the first time I've experienced this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->