First Trimester/First Baby!!

Mrs Reineke

Reaction score
Hello! I just found out I was pregnant on June 20th!! I am beyond excited and shocked that it's really happening!! :happydance: This is my husband and my first baby so this is all new to us. I wanted some ladies that are going through the same stuff to talk to about our symptoms and what's happening with our bodies. My current symptoms are:

Sore bbs-especially the left one? :holly:
Tired :sleep:
Heightened sense of smell
Achy feeling in lower right belly (kind of around ovary, but I think it's a bit lower)
Waves of morning sickness :sick:
Some cramping every now and then.
Creamy CM
Dizzy spells (lightheaded at times):headspin:
Vivid dreams :sleep:

So please join me ladies so we can talk about all our weird stuff together!!

Megan

I found out June 20th also! Also our first! And I have all the same symptoms as you minus the vivid dreams.

I'm worried about the achy pain in my right lower belly. It's like almost where my leg connects to my groin area? I moved quick earlier and got a quick sharp pain there and now it just aches again. I'm praying it's not something wrong? What's yours like?

Could it be your sciatic nerve, maybe? I think sciatic nerve pain is common in pregnancy.

I just found out yesterday. Super early days yet, only 3+5, but I do have a few symptoms:

Veiny boobs (probably - I didn't exactly take a before picture)
Sore boobs - just mildly, not unbearable
Occasional light cramps
STARVING
Frequent urination, especially at bedtime
Lower back ache on and off
A couple dizzy spells on standing up

Congrats to both you ladies!! It's not my sciatic nerve, I've had that hurt before. This is in my right lower belly right about my pelvis. I was reading online about round ligament pain. You have two ligaments that attach your uterus to your pelvis I guess and those get stretched once your uterus starts to grow. Said it was common in the 2nd trimester, but not weird to have it start in the first. So I'm thinking maybe that's what it may be? :shrug: I'm going to call my doctor today and ask. I just want to make sure it's nothing abnormal to feel this early on. I'll let you know what they say. Excited to hear all about your experiences and symptoms!! :happydance:

I hope your doctor can put your mind at ease, Mrs Reineke. Your round ligament theory makes sense.

I wish this cramping would cut it out. Everything I've read said it's totally normal, a good sign, even, but it's freaking me out anyway.

With never being pregnant before it's scary because we don't know what's normal and what's not. I've been on Google WAY TO MUCH!! Lol!! :wacko:

Oh, I know! I'm the same way! I'd already read a couple books and spent a lot of time on google just so I'd be prepared and not panic. Half of me just wants to feel normal, and the other half wants the morning sickness to start just so I'll know it's real. I think I'll feel a lot better in a couple days when I'm past the most dangerous danger zone.

Congratulations!!

I'm with you guys. I recently found out too. Also my first! I also have cramping. I've had two days where the cramping was actually kind of sharp. It's freaked me out but I'm trying not to worry. Other than that, it's felt a lot like period cramps. I know it's normal BUT still can't help being a bit thrown off by it.

My pain is generally on the left. I read that it's more commonly on the right. Can't remember why! I also know that I have a bicornuate uterus which adds to the freaked out factor. Doctor says not to worry about that- so I'm trying.

I'm just telling myself as many positive things as I can. I have more reason to assume everything is just fine, than to assume otherwise. <--I just keep telling myself that. I continue to remind myself that no amount of worry will change what will be. AND that burying my excitement under all of the "what if's" "just in case" will only steal from my present joy- which won't really make anything easier in the long run. Does that even make sense?? Sry! :) Just trying to stay in the moment and be happy NOW.

My first U/S is on Friday. I'm equally excited and horrified. LMAO

Sending you all sticky dust!!!

Thanks for this OP! It's nice to hear from so many others in the same boat.

How far along are you, Monzter? I'm taking the same approach. I have no reason to think that this pregnancy won't go well, so I'm assuming it will. I'm staying a bit cautious, but overall staying excited about it. I'm really itching to tell a few people...

I called my doctor regarding my achy pain and I'm waiting on the nurse to call me back. Hoping she tells me to chill out. LOL!!:wacko:

How far along are you, Monzter? I'm taking the same approach. I have no reason to think that this pregnancy won't go well, so I'm assuming it will. I'm staying a bit cautious, but overall staying excited about it. I'm really itching to tell a few people...

Well, that's the big question really! LOL

According to the first day of my last period (5/1), I'll be just under 8 weeks on Friday. But, I think I ovulated late... as I was almost 2 weeks LATE before I got my BFP.

It's possible that my GA is on track... or not. I will definitely keep you guys posted!

Nothing about this has been what I expected... at all. :)

I am SO happy and SO excited. I feel like I'm supposed to act stoic. That it's the "proper" thing to do. But I really believe that the only thing I'd prevent through being stoic, is being fully happy now- so Ima just roll with this because it's pretty freakin awesome! (and scary... but that's okay too.)

Hang in there Mrs Reineke! I'm sure the doctor will set your mind to ease. Let us know.

Hi. I found out on 16th may.
This is my first and so far I'm very disappointed with the level of care, iv had one midwife apt where she sent a student round, she was here for 20 minutes at the most, she got some of my details wrong, one being my age!!! And she didn't explain anything to me at all even though she's written that she did, she also changed me to consultant led instead of midwife led without telling me or explaining what that would mean for my pregnancy. I have since.learnt that the midwife has left and no one has told me, I heard from a neighbour, I guess they will tell me when I go for my 16 week apt.

I go on holiday on Sunday abroad so it's quite scary thinking what if something happens or what can or can't I do etc. But I'm sure all will be fine, I have my first scan when I get back too so have that to look forward to.

My main problems have been very extreme pain, I have endometriosis and the pain flared up until about 8 weeks which was quite scary and kept going to check I wasn't bleeding.
Iv also been peeing loads!!
Sore books but not too bad
Exhaustion, I finished work at 2 today and just woke up for an hour and half nap lol

Thank you Monzter79. I just heard back from my doctor and she said that it sounds like round ligament pain. You have ligaments that attach your uterus to your pelvis and when your uterus starts to swell in early pregnancy it can pull on those ligaments causing discomfort. She said to try not to move too fast because if you stretch them in a quick movement you'll get a sharp pain. She said as long as I'm not bleeding, which I'm not, that it's nothing to worry about. :thumbup: Thank GOD!!

Reinecke . Been seeing you in the threads and just wanted to send congrats :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->