First Trimester/First Baby!!

Hey sorry I took so long to get back on here...I work shift work. Ya my sharp pains are on my left in the same spot where my pelvis meets my hip. I kind of assumed it was ligament pain as it usually occurrs at work when I try and move to quick. But im also getting sharp pains in my left side near where my ovary is I guess? intermittent....but its freaking me out. Im seeing the doctor for the first time on Thurs for blood work etc. I dont even know what the next steps are! lol. Its so exciting and scary with a first. I think I should maybe go buy a book...

Hey all

I keep getting niggles with occasionally cramps and I have shooting/burning pain in the my bbs but they are not sore to touch - this was probably my biggest sign - my bbs are normally so so sore before AF.

Only 4 weeks so I'm sure they will be.

I feel a bit lost today - also think I need to buy a book - what shouldn't I eat/what shouldn't I do/ can I drink my morning cup of green tea. Going to book an appointment with doc today.

Glad we are all in this together. When are your expected due dates - mine is coming up at 3rd March 2015

X

Hi guys - can I join you?

Congrats to everyone on their BFPs!

Mrs R, Bowman & Moet - I have been following you guys. I am so happy we are all in the same boat now! :)

quite a few of you seem to be farther along...I just confirmed my BFP yesterday on Clear Blue advanced digital which says 1 - 2 weeks along...so I really have no idea what to do next!! Not to mention my af is due tomorrow so it hasnt really sunk in and I keep staring at the test just to be sure. I am also very worried that what if my af does start. I am worry-bee..and I worry that I am a worry bee and how it might negatively affect the baby right now or later. So trying to take deep breathes and stay calm!!

So really what should I do right now..MrsKChicago I am also in Chicago..should I go to my general practioner for a blood test now or wait for my af to pass or should I look for an OBGYN and then book an appointment? Also Im in the NW suburb of Chicago --Do you have any OBGYN that you know of?

As for symptoms..I have always been pretty symptom when I used to get my af. The only thing I have felt are:

cramps - they are really mild if I wasnt paying attention I wouldnt even think of it
bbs - they are not really sore they never used to get sore but they feel "FULLer" I dont know. My DH says I am imagining it
Definitely pee-ing a bit more often
very very vivid dreams 3-4 days before I got the BFP
Monday night - I woke up at 2am and couldnt go back to sleep and had to go down and eat a banana.. but I was super anxious too with my heart pounding about testing the next day so who knows

oh to top of my long love letter to you here lol...I am going to be travelling from this friday. Will be in Italy so just a little worried and hoping nothing goes wrong. So I probably cant do a blood test before I come back

I would appreciate some advice from you alll...probably the first thing would be trying to chill out..hopefully the holiday will help with that!

You're supposed to be safe drinking up to 300mg of caffeine a day. A cup of green tea is fine. I'm still drinking a cup of coffee in the morning, and the occasional second caffeinated drink.

I thought the Mayo Clinic pregnancy guide was good for what to do and not do, but there may be some differences in what to expect, carewise, being in another country.

The internet puts me due on March 5. I took my leftover FRER and a CBD today, and the FRER was much darker than the first one, which puts my mind at ease. The CBD read 1-2 weeks, which is good enough for me for 4 weeks since AF.

Lil bean, I don't have a GP because we only just got insurance this year, so I'm going straight to the midwives at 8 weeks. It can't hurt to go see your GP if you have one. I'm going with the West Suburban Midwives in Oak Park - I wanted to do midwives instead of an OB-GYN, and I've heard nothing but bad things about Swedish Covenant. The only other option is Elmhurst, and that's way too far. West Suburban has a good reputation, and it's not too hard for me to reach on public transportation (I'm in the city, on the north-very-west side). They seemed nice on the phone.

MrsK - internet puts me down for March 5 too!!! So my CBD also said 1 - 2 weeks but I am due tomorrow so I guess I am also weeks along.

I am going to try to check for OBGYNs under my insurance and see reviews and ratings to see what works best.

I hope you find someone good. I know Northwestern downtown has a good reputation, but it's such a hassle to get there and park. Their NICU was great when my nephew was born, but hopefully none of us need to know that!

I thought u were supposed to avoid green tea in pregnancy, I can't remember why or where I saw it but I Def read it. I would mostly go by ur midwifes advice rather than Internet because it can be conflicting. Ud be surprised how many things are actually Ok but they tell u not to have them for one reason or another. They used to tell u not to eat nuts at all but now they are fine as long as no family history of nut allergy. It's like a minefield of information

Congratulations. My husband and I found out on May 19th and it has been so hard to keep it a secret from friends. It is also our first :)

I have only had a couple of symptoms (guess i should be knocking on wood a lot and considering myself lucky)!!!! Sore, big boobs and very tired (mostly around mid-afternoon). I have my normal appetite throughout the day, but come evening, nothing appeals to me and not hungry until around 8 - which is basically when i want to fall asleep :)

I have also had 2 recent vivid dreams, but that I don't mind too much. Our EDD is January 29th. I hope to go a little early as our anniversary is about a week earlier and think it would be pretty cool to have an anniversary baby!

Good luck ladies!

Well ladies, I have very sad news. I'm 99% positive I'm having a chemical pregnancy. :cry: I had the 5 positive pregnancy tests and then this morning I woke up with horrible cramps. I thought it might be because I had to go to the bathroom. But when I wiped I had some spotting. :cry: I went to my doctor and they did an HGC test. It came back at a 15 and they said they normally consider anything under a 25 to be negative, so they set me up to be tested again on Friday. But I know it's a CP because I went and bought another p-test and it was negative. :cry: I've had on and off cramping all day. I'm spotting a bit still, but I literally have lost all my pregnancy symptoms. :cry: Now I just feel like what I would feel like before my AF starts. I'm devastated. I cried so much today. I had to take the day off of work.

Yeah it sucks. I seriously bawled my eyeballs out this afternoon. :cry: I've never been pregnant or had a CP that I know of obviously...but it really has really made me so sad. :cry:

I'm so sorry, until ur hcg drops all the way down ur not out of race so keep ur fingers crossed and try to hold onto a bit of hope. I can't imagine how u feel x

Mrs R- ♥ So sorry... Maybe if you arent bleeding a lot it can hold on? Keep being positive! And if it is a chemical, at least you know for sure your ovulating and DH's swimmers work. It will happen for you I know it. Keep that chin up until u know one way or the other for sure.

Im going to the doctor today at 3pm so hopefully will get some more info about next steps etc. Hoping my bloodwork looks good. Internet says im due Feb 25th. Hoping thats right because that's my late friends birthday and the day before mine. What a gift that would be. Trying to stay positive and hoping for good news!

Good luck with your appt tody Moet. Let us know how it goes. :thumbup:

Well I woke up at 3:30am this morning and I was bleeding pretty heavy. Sorry if that's TMI. :cry: I knew it was coming. I literally lost all my pregnancy symptoms yesterday and just had that feeling in my gut it was over. :nope: I wouldn't wish this on anyone. It's so sad. Find out you're pregnant and then have it taken away from you 5 days later. :cry: The one good thing I'm trying to think about is that now we know we can get pregnant, so that part is good. I called my doctor this morning and I'm going in over my lunch break so they can check me and let me know what I need to do if anything. As of now I'm having horrible cramps, way worse than a normal AF and the bleeding is heavier and different than a normal AF. I'm emotionally exhausted, but I forced myself to come to work today to try to keep my mind off of it as much as possible. I do thank God I was only approx 5 1/2 weeks along and not further. So praying this will pass easily and we can move on to trying again. :dust:

I wish I could give you a big hug in real life. How heartbreaking :hug:

I'm sure when you're ready to try again, you'll be pregnant in no time.

I sure hope so MrsKChicago. I'm ready to try again as soon as this passes.

Hang in there mrs r we are all here for u xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"