First TWW

Rainbow82

Reaction score
How do you/did you cope? Any suggestions on what I can do to not think about it? I'm going doolally and it's only been two days lol. I really hope it works first time because it seems I wasn't very prepared for the sight of that little pot of spermies and it sounds horrible but it made me feel nauseous! Neither DW or I have ever been with a man in any way or had any reason to become acquainted with the smell or sight of it before now :/ I feel horrid for feeling so disgusted by the very stuff that is hopefully going to bring us the one thing we want more than anything else in the world.

Did anyone else feel like this?

You are not alone!! The first time I was handed the tub I crapped myself I was like OMG I can't do this!!!
Then when I took the lid off I could have barfed!!!

We have both been with men but years ago and it all flooded back smell is such a powerful memory jogger.

The tww is unbearable it gets no easier as when it doesn't work you just want it more and more!!! However you do get use to the whole sperm thing kinda becomes second nature and you just get on with it.

Where in the UK are you? Northwest here xx

I'm glad that the whole sperm thing gets easier I just got kind of freaked out lol. We are trying to think of this as a trial run as we only managed one insemination, thought we wouldn't manage any but flo was bit delayed last month so managed to get one in on day if ovulation but conceive plus hadn't arrived or anything lol.

We are also in the north, between Manchester and Leeds. Where in the northwest are you?

Cool!! We are near Manchester too!! We should meet up! Dying to talk to people who understand and are going through this!!!

Email me the2mums at gmail dot com

Xx

Just been speaking to wifey about your post. She would love as would I to meet up to chat.

It's such a lonely works ttc - none of our friends are trying so we are all alone. We've had 4 goes so far. We could may be share some of our info with you

Xx

lol, I've also just been chatting to the wife, it would be great to arrange something in Manchester. It seems that lots of our friends are having babies/just had babies but there's nobody going about it in quite the same way as us lol. We have also decided not to tell anyone that we are actively trying in case it doesn't work out. My laptop battery is about to die so I'll send you an email tomorrow so you have our email address.

Hi ya did you send us an email? Didn't get anything yet.

Just watching one born on catch up. The two women with the two little girls bless can't wait till that's us xx

aww we watched that last night, those two little girls are so sweet, a little girl would be my dream, I really hope it happens for both of us soon. Just sent you an email to what I hope is the correct address :)

Actually that should read, I have tried to send an email and the message at the top of my screen reads "still working", stupid gmail, hopefully it will decide to send soon,

How do you/did you cope? Any suggestions on what I can do to not think about it? I'm going doolally and it's only been two days lol. I really hope it works first time because it seems I wasn't very prepared for the sight of that little pot of spermies and it sounds horrible but it made me feel nauseous! Neither DW or I have ever been with a man in any way or had any reason to become acquainted with the smell or sight of it before now :/ I feel horrid for feeling so disgusted by the very stuff that is hopefully going to bring us the one thing we want more than anything else in the world.

Did anyone else feel like this?

good luck ladies .. I found every two week wait a killer.. I seemed to be constantly symptom spotting and googling Every time... as for the donation it did make me a bit queasy but we got used to it... lol and its well worth it xx

Thanks indiapops it's good to know we weren't the only ones. It's 10DPO now and got first bfn this morning so guess it's on to cycle 2 after AF shows up at the weekend. Maybe we will pop down to Lincoln and see some friends to take our mind off it.

How many tries did it take for you to get your bfp?

Hey Rainbow82 we are a lesbian couple ttc and we are from Lincoln too!!!

Hi Nat, we are not living in Lincoln at the moment but we have lots of family and friends there. My wife would love to move there so it's something we might consider in the next year or two. It's nice to know if we do move that we wouldn't be the only lesbian mummies (hopefully mummies anyway lol).

Hope you get a bfp quick hun, I am a straight female but thought I would venture in here as it interests me, hope you don't mind. But even though I am quite happily straight the sight and smell of sperm puts me off :rofl: you are definitely not alone, the stuff isn't pleasant ;) x

The thought of sperm still turns my stomach. And were 22weeks pregnant now

I think it's the smell! Also when you first get the tub and its all thick like phlegm. OMG so horrible!!!!
Better when it's runny!

Wonder if its more sticky when it first comes out and so sticks better to your cervix?? May be its by design? Or may be it just goes gloopy because its cooler on the tub that inside a woman? I vaguely remember when I dated men that it just ran out everywhere instantly as soon as you jumped off!! TMI I know but makes me think it goes thicker because it loses heat so quickly.

we're a lesbian couple ttc 12dpo but just got my :witch: 2 days early bit gutted but 2013 is going to be our year :xmas8: wishing you all the best of luck x

Thanks indiapops it's good to know we weren't the only ones. It's 10DPO now and got first bfn this morning so guess it's on to cycle 2 after AF shows up at the weekend. Maybe we will pop down to Lincoln and see some friends to take our mind off it.

How many tries did it take for you to get your bfp?
we got our bfp on our 11th attempt.. it was a long wait... I took soy the month I fell pregnant as I was going through fertility tests at the time and wanted to try anything...
I'm not to far from lincoln myself , I'm from Grimsby. :)

Thanks princess and gemsar, I'm so glad that the smell is universally offputting lol. :witch: got us on saturday so its on to the next cycle for us, hoping for a xmas day bfp. I hope that there will be 2013 babies for all of us who are still waiting.

Wow indiapops, you are so close now, you must be getting so excited?

we're a lesbian couple ttc 12dpo but just got my :witch: 2 days early bit gutted but 2013 is going to be our year :xmas8: wishing you all the best of luck x

Hey mrsmrsjc!!! We are not far from you!!!!

We area currently on a break while wifey waits for an operation - both gutted we had to stop but it's safer.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->