First ultrasound today. 2 previous MCs

Sweetkat

Reaction score
Am absolutely terrified sth is wrong again so am having a reassurance scan. I am 6&3 so they might not even see anything but i literally can't wait any longer.

I will update here after I have had my scan.

Keep your fingers crossed for me :)

Good luck!!! I also had previous mmc and I am so scared in my pregnancy now. Hoping to get an early scan too. Please update! X X

Good luck!!! I also had previous mmc and I am so scared in my pregnancy now. Hoping to get an early scan too. Please update! X X

Mine were MMCs as well. With the first one at 9&3 no indication anything was wrong when I went for a scan at 9&3 except that my MS almost vanished.

With the second I had no bleeding or cramping but I sort of knew things were going wrong from 6&5 as I went for a scan and was told baby measuring 4-5 weeks and the yolk sac was too large (and no heartbeat). I also didn't have any MS with the second MMC.

Absolutely terrified will be bad news again :(

Mine were MMCs as well. With the first one at 9&3 no indication anything was wrong when I went for a scan at 9&3 except that my MS almost vanished.

With the second I had no bleeding or cramping but I sort of knew things were going wrong from 6&5 as I went for a scan and was told baby measuring 4-5 weeks and the yolk sac was too large (and no heartbeat). I also didn't have any MS with the second MMC.

In my mmc I never really got symptoms & the few I did faded. I had cramping and bleeding so I knew it was over. This time round I have very few symptoms again, I'm 6+1 but no MS or nausea so I am so scared of another mmc :( fingers crossed for you. I think chance of 3 mmc's is very rare so I am sure this is your sticky bean. GOOOOD LUCK!!
Have you got someone to come with you?

In my mmc I never really got symptoms & the few I did faded. I had cramping and bleeding so I knew it was over. This time round I have very few symptoms again, I'm 6+1 but no MS or nausea so I am so scared of another mmc :( fingers crossed for you. I think chance of 3 mmc's is very rare so I am sure this is your sticky bean. GOOOOD LUCK!!

I have a bit of nausea in the morning but no throwing up or all day nausea, and I have only had it 2-3 days. With my DD I only got nausea at 7 weeks and it vanished for a few days now and then and then came back.

I am actually waiting for the scan now. Am on my own as OH is at home with DD.

Will update as soon as have news.

If you ask your GP for a referral and say you have had an MMC before you might be able to get a scan soon (if you want one that is). I am 35 so I guess I am higher risk :(

I have a bit of nausea in the morning but no throwing up or all day nausea, and I have only had it 2-3 days. With my DD I only got nausea at 7 weeks and it vanished for a few days now and then and then came back.

If you ask your GP for a referral and say you have had an MMC before you might be able to get a scan soon (if you want one that is). I am 35 so I guess I am higher risk :(

GOODLUCK!
yeah i will ask for a referral, my doc said its best for me to wait till the 12 week scan but i really dont think i can. I have my wedding in a week and then i am on holiday so once im back i will be around 8 weeks and will request an early scan... it was around 8 weeks i started my miscarriage last year.

Quite a nervewracking time.

thinking of you! x

GOODLUCK!
yeah i will ask for a referral, my doc said its best for me to wait till the 12 week scan but i really dont think i can. I have my wedding in a week and then i am on holiday so once im back i will be around 8 weeks and will request an early scan... it was around 8 weeks i started my miscarriage last year.

thinking of you! x

Thank you so much - all good so far. Baby measuring on time and heartbeat of 145 :)

When the scan started the woman said oh it's only measuring 5 weeks and I was like shit. And then she said I can see a heartbeat and then she measured it and is 145.

Still worried but feeling much better now.

Let me know how your referral goes!

soooo happy for your news, that;s really good!! Try not to worry now, you have a baby with a beating heart in there!

I will wait for a couple of weeks and then get an early scan referral, my doc is quite good so im sure she will do it for me. Otherwise i will go private.

Have a fab day, really happy for you :)

just out of interest- since we are both 6 weeks, what symptoms do you have, and do you feel different to how you felt when you had your mmc's?

Good luck..fingers crossed for good news..ive also had a MC in 2012 buut its feels like yesterday..i have a scan with the gynae tomorrow..im terrified i have abaolutely no symptoms of pregnancy. My boobs are just a lil sensetive..had backache yesterday..thats it no MS..im scared i'll start bleeding or something..i have everything crossed for u..keep us postef:hugs:

I am so happy to hear it went well for you, I am trying to decide when to go, I am super nervous because no nausea for me either, and in all my successful pregnancies i have had all day nausea , my miscarriage I had none, I also have no freaking idea how to date mine , I don't want to go to early and then they tell me to come back and have those agonizing days of waiting for another scan...

GOODLUCK!

thinking of you! x

Thank you so much - all good so far. Baby measuring on time and heartbeat of 145 :)

When the scan started the woman said oh it's only measuring 5 weeks and I was like shit. And then she said I can see a heartbeat and then she measured it and is 145.

Still worried but feeling much better now.

Let me know how your referral goes!

Thats fantastic super happy for u:happydance: did u also see the heartbeat? Im going for mine tomorrow

seems like u girls are going at 6 weeks..

lemsz- I am going to wait till i am about 8 weeks, that is when my miscarriage started last time, so i want to get to that time point before a scan. Plus i know by 8 weeks they should be able to see a heartbeat

I also want to wait, but I am so anxious, every minute of every day, I don't know if I can manage I know its no guarantee to see a heartbeat but it will maybe lessen my all day anxiety , I feel like a nutcase

I also want to wait, but I am so anxious, every minute of every day, I don't know if I can manage I know its no guarantee to see a heartbeat but it will maybe lessen my all day anxiety , I feel like a nutcase

I feel like a nutcase too lemsz and wonder if i am even making up symptoms in my head!! how far along are you?
what helps me is having a timepoint- for me it;s 8 weeks, if i get to that stage without bleeding or cramp i got past my previous m/s time point, so this is when would be best to get a scan and hopefully get some positive news.

Plus try to keep busy with other things, i have my wedding coming and a holiday and some family visiting, so hoping that will all distract me from pregnancy related anxiety!

xx

i'm 5 weeks, I dont know if I got my period on 12 or 13 th and I had 30 day to 32 day cycles but my last was a 28 day , so by those online ones im 5+5 or 5+4 but if I work it out at 30 days then im less, I just wanna go at 6 to 6 and a half weeks for my ultrasound and not be off, my loss was at 7 weeks , mmc stopped at 5w4d. so obviously I am freaking scared right now

Before the scan started I asked the lady if we would be able to see the heartbeat and she said yes if it's over 6 weeks and no if over 5. So I think over 6 is the earliest you can see a heartbeat.

I have a bit of nausea but it's not bad - mostly in the morning and in the car and also if I haven't eaten. With my DD I was getting up in the middle of the night to be sick by 7 weeks.
Still worried but keeping fingers crossed.

I also asked if there is anything I should be doing and the Dr just said take folic acid.

Good luck with your scans ladies :)

i'm 5 weeks, I dont know if I got my period on 12 or 13 th and I had 30 day to 32 day cycles but my last was a 28 day , so by those online ones im 5+5 or 5+4 but if I work it out at 30 days then im less, I just wanna go at 6 to 6 and a half weeks for my ultrasound and not be off, my loss was at 7 weeks , mmc stopped at 5w4d. so obviously I am freaking scared right now

I would just wait a couple of weeks and then book a scan.
Miscarriages are harsh, but there is nothing we can do to stop them. Just take care of yourself and look after yourself and pray for a sticky bean.
You are not alone in how you feel, I am feeling anxious and worried too, but trying to keep busy.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->