First vaccination!

embo216

Mummy to 3 <3
Reaction score
Aww my poor little girl, it was so so hard watching them give her her vax, we got one thigh out the way and she screamed blue murder them we had to do the next one!

Felt so awful for her, if only she knew I was doing it for her own good!

How was everyone elses LO's after this? Shes been really really grumpy and unhappy today, crying for even longer than usual and gone a bit of her milk, shes usually really hungry, should I be worried?

my LO was ok after her jabs, she cried after having them though :(..
my health visitor suggested to me that 5 mins before they go in to have their jabs give them 2.5ml of calpol and that should help the "ache" they feel afterwards.. plus it makes them a tad sleepy so they sleep through the pain, just keep a constant check on their temp though, coz jabs can give a temp and calpol can bring a temp down..

It's awful having to watch them isn't it? :( Sam was really grumpy for 2 days after he had his first lot - it is normal, and he was totally back to normal by the end of the second day. I bought some calpol and a thermometer but he didn't have a temperature at all - calpol is great just to help them with the pain though x

my health visitor suggested to me that 5 mins before they go in to have their jabs give them 2.5ml of calpol and that should help the "ache" they feel afterwards.. plus it makes them a tad sleepy so they sleep through the pain, just keep a constant check on their temp though, coz jabs can give a temp and calpol can bring a temp down..

Calpol before the jag? The people giving Kyle the jag asked me if he had, had any calpol before the jags and if so they weren't going to give them. I think everyone in the health service make up their own rules lol

Just make sure the areas surrounding the jags dont swell up bigger than a 50p piece. If they do fone nhs 24. Ive been at the hospital each time kyles had his jags :(

Aww... Where I went for Josh they had 2 nurses that had one thigh each.
Josh took a good 2-3 seconds to react to the pain, then he cried... Luckyly I had brought a bottle of milk and gave it to him right after to comfort him and it worked very well.

Poor little munckins! It is so hard to see them in pain x

Oooh poor little thing:hugs:
Jack has his 1st set of jabs on Friday so got all this to come:cry:

You girls should bring a bottle of milk, it really helps comforting them !!! Good luck x

Thank you so much girls! Shes a bit better today, dreading the next lot! Good luck with all the little ones that have it to come, the nurse said some dont react at all, fingers crossed guys!

x

Hannah had her first set of jabs last week. She screamed at the time but like Jess, I had taken some milk with me and gave her it just after whilst still in the surgery and it seemed to calm her down. She slept for most of the rest of the day, waking once in a while for a little scream before falling back asleep again. OH and I expected a bad night but she slept as normal and was her usual self again the next day.

Next ones in 3 weeks now but I will leave OH to take her in whilst I sit in the waiting room with a bottle of milk for when she comes out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->