First Wheels City Elite/general stroller help

Kitten

Mummy to Theakston & Nyah
Reaction score
Here's the deal:
I have a Pliko Pramette which I use atm when going out in my friends car as I just clip the car seat in and use the pram feature to lie him down other times. However, I mostly babywear. I reeeeaallly want a rear facing stroller for when I have a lot of shopping to do or if I'm tired and don't want to babywear etc. and have found the city elite for £100.

We got the Pliko as a gift so I've not 'wasted' money getting another stroller but I really don't want to put him in a foward facing pushchair after he's too big for the pram/can sit up and once he grows out of the car seat I'll happily sell the Pliko on ebay or whatever anyway, it's just that it's handy to clip him in and out in the car seat for the time being.

Two things worry me about the city elite:

1. Apparently it doesn't fold down very small/easily and you have to detach the seat to fold both down seperately so if I got a lift off my friend or whatever I need to know it would fit in her car.

2. It has air tyres. How do these work? Excuse my ignorance but I haven't got a clue! How do you maintain them?

Cheers

I have a first wheels and got my wheels filled with gel so no flat tyres =]

Gel? Never heard of that! How'd you do that?

My dads going to buy it as a xmas prezzie so think I'll go with it.

You know coseytoes? How do they work? Can you use them with the city elite? I don't get how they work as never seen them in the flesh, do they clip onto something?

I have the 2008 version this one - https://www.babyandbump.com/buy-swa...-cream-zebra-seat-cover-ebaying-tomorrow.html

Its like a puncture repair kit thingy, think my OH got it from a bike shop in town. You just fill the tyre with gel like you would air.

I don't have the cosy toes just the seat unit and chasis thingy. Its not the smallest pram once its folded down. It doesnt fit in the boot of my KA but its a good looking pram, really similar to the bugaboo but costs much less!

i had thuis pram for a while i borrowed it off my friend as i missed him facing me (i also too have the pliko pramette) i liked it to start with as it was lovely to push but its very long as my OH called it the supermaket trolley lol. was glad to gt rid ov it as i had no where to store it as it had to be seperated to be folded

In a moment of weakness I bought a discounted 2008 buggy as it was too good a deal to pass on!! I can fit it into the boot of my mini if I'm creative. It is very long though and I have a feeling if I ever get the chance to use it I may get cheesed off eventually with having to lift off the top bit to fold it down. x

Well my dad bought it as an early xmas prezzie and it's in its box in the hallway! Will have to get it out over the weekend for a play. God I hope I'm not disappointed!

I have the 2008 version this one - https://www.babyandbump.com/buy-swa...-cream-zebra-seat-cover-ebaying-tomorrow.html

Its like a puncture repair kit thingy, think my OH got it from a bike shop in town. You just fill the tyre with gel like you would air.

I don't have the cosy toes just the seat unit and chasis thingy. Its not the smallest pram once its folded down. It doesnt fit in the boot of my KA but its a good looking pram, really similar to the bugaboo but costs much less!

The gel stuff is called Slime:

https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs..._productId_175237_langId_-1_categoryId_165661.

It does increase the weight of the wheels, but apparently the buggy wheels arent big enough for it to make a significant difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->