Fitteds and Wraps

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
How much harder/ more work are they than AIOs, pockets etc? xx

Nope I don't think so at all. You can buy fleece shorts, soakers or pants and use those instead of wraps. So all you are doing is putting on the diaper and then putting on pants like with other diapers. Once he is mobile you can also go coverless in fitteds

What do you do with regards to washing wraps? Just stick them in as normal?

I think I might buy one fitted and one wrap and see how I go xx

Having just sold about 30 nappies (pockets/AIOs/AI2s etc) to use fitteds alone, i can honestly say I now find them easier! They fit better, are more absorbant and although not as "cute" work perfectly for us. I love mine :D

Ooo there are tons of cute fitteds!!! All the cute prints in my stash are fitteds, everything else is just solids.

For wraps I just wash them like everything else, fleece too

Out of curiosity, why can you go coverless when they are more mobile? And by more mobile do you mean crawling or walking? I've considered trying some goodmamas but I don't like the idea of covering such a beautiful diaper up with a cover. :blush:

Well like for example a 4mo old that is just laying or sitting around, not moving around, they are going to be putting constant pressure on the diaper so where they pee it's going to be pressed on and will get wet on the outside and then onto clothes or whatever they are on. But when they are crawling lots and walking they aren't putting that pressure on the diaper. I like using them coverless at home....lets them air out some, I can just feel the front of the diaper and when it's damp we change

no more work at all Katy - we use them as our night nappies as pockets just weren't doing the job for us.

Well like for example a 4mo old that is just laying or sitting around, not moving around, they are going to be putting constant pressure on the diaper so where they pee it's going to be pressed on and will get wet on the outside and then onto clothes or whatever they are on. But when they are crawling lots and walking they aren't putting that pressure on the diaper. I like using them coverless at home....lets them air out some, I can just feel the front of the diaper and when it's damp we change

Hmm..Now your making me want them even more! :haha: I should've ordered one just to try with my last order but I thought I'd have to buy a cover and it just didn't sound appealing. :wacko:

Since you are in the US you'll know these brands. You know the Old Navy fleece? When those release in the fall they are 100% polyester so you can use those over them as covers. Or Carters sleepers or outfits that are fleece and 100% polyester :D So makes it even nicer, don't have to put an actual cover for when you go out.

YOu should try some Goodmamas!!!

I use them as my main staple... And prefer them to my itti's... I've never had a leak with them but have with others..

As for washing I just stick them all in for a 30 wash (if I'm stripping the nappies after I tend to take the wraps and fleece liners it first then wash at a hottter one, likewise if I'm tumbling as the dry in about 5 mins on the dryin frame)

Not hard at all, i prfer them at night cause its ok to be bulky then! plus they dont leak hardly ever!

Out of interest and sorry for hijacking a little bit katy :blush: but what fitteds are you guys using at night? I'm looking for inspiration :blush:

I love my fitted nappies, they're definitely no more bother to care for than pockets, though they do take longer to dry.

REALLY want to let Adam go cover-free, since he's crawling and cruising all the time now, but most of my fitteds are aplix closing (like, 2 out of 16 :( ) and he can undo aplix now. :dohh: I wonder if I could put a nippa on top to make sure he can't take it off?

For nighttime I use Very Baby Simply Nights or Bagshot Row Bamboo overnights...I have another WAHM made one but she closed down

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->