Fitting a 0+ car seat to a toyota avensis 2008

emalou90

Reaction score
First of all, I don't want debates on FF RF etc or judgements on how "safe" a car seat is in the front of a car. Secondly I'm in the uk and as far as I know it's legal a long as the airbag is off.

I'll need to have new baby in the front with me while I'm driving, I'm not ok with her being in the back and not being able to reach over.

I have a toyota avensis 2008 top model but haven't got the manual, so I've no idea how to turn the passenger airbag off?! There's no switches inside I can find.
Can anyone help? Or have hubby's that might know?
Can't be doing with going to the dealer unless that's my only option :dohh:

Thanks in advance

Sorry I don't know, can you download a manual or buy one off ebay?
Ds was in the back when he was young but I had a car where the rear door didn't open, used dh van, and sports car - so I have had ds in the front but I have to say I do prefer him in the back.
You can get mirrors if you feel you would like to see if they're ok.
Xx

my passenger airbag automatically turns off when it senses there is something smaller than an adult in the front seat, does it for my dog and everything. But generally speaking if it has to be turned off you need to have a dealer do it

I would go to a tomato dealer or ring them, I am sure they will help.

You can turn your own airbag off, but I have no idea on how to do it on the toyota, sorry. Have you tried google?

My LO will be in the front with me because that is where the isofix is, I figured that was safer than in the back without X

Thanks ladies. I reckon it's a dealer job... No sign of any switches anywhere! Soooooo annoying.

Don't get me wrong, baby will be in higher back when I'm more comfortable, with mirrors.
xx

Found a PDF of the 2008 model if that helps.

https://www.2shared.com/document/FzELVTqB/toyota_avensis_2005_2006_2007_.html

I'm not sure if you got this figured out or not - if not, go post over on car-seat.org on their international forum. There are a few experts who might be able to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->