• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Flash your Stash - Photo Thread!

flips were AWFUL for us because harrison was a weird shape (big belly skinny tiny hips and skinny legs) so we gave up on those early on too. BGV3/4s were always ok. do you have sized ones?? if not, try those, lots of people rate them. i LOVE the new freetimes, so so so absorbent and so stretchy so they fit like a glove!

no, theyre OS but will try a sized. we have a freetime too but i dont think they are a very good fit on my boy either, wah. idk though, we didnt have any leaks with it so maybe hes just inbetween popper sizes

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/blah11/IMAG0311.jpg

yeah, hes on the same snaps as harrison!!!! haha. are you sure it cant go one tighter to fill that middle snap?

if not, what i do (mainly to avoid marks on legs or over-stretching one wing) is alternate which side is looser with each change...

it probably could. i find it awkward to do snaps up really tight cos i dont like pushing it against him but thenmy finger gets trapped iykwim?

i know what you mean, but they are so stretchy, i was able to pull it away from his belly, fasten it, then let go, if that makes sense?!!? i used to be really funny about it, but its better to have them fastened properly (not too loose or tight) than have leaks, or horrid red marks.

x

i might try and do the bottom snap on each side then do the top one so i dont need to put my finger in as far. its drying off rn so will try tomorrow. hope it works cos theyre lovely and soft and i love the bambooty style.

Yay, finally got time to take a picture of my stash (minus a few in the wash)! We're slowly selling and replacing nappies with BG organics, itti AIO/SIOs and Issy bears :)
https://i39.tinypic.com/28w2efr.jpg

love your stash! its bright and gorgeous :)!

I have more pretties :blush: I think I'll do an updated pic of WHAM pretties when they all get here :)

Well my stash came yday. They are all ebay cheapys to start off.

https://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x337/emmylou92/1761595e.jpg

My first nappy was an Ebay cheapie just to see what cloth nappies looked like in rl before i decided to buy more.
I used it twice since then and today i ran out so used it ..OMG! best nappy i have!! it's not as bulky on him as it was 2 months ago and after more than 4hrs it was completely DRY and it didn't leak AT ALL!

Only BG freetime doesn't leak on my boy,every other nappy does so this was amazing and i'm off to order more cheapies!

We had one tiny leak today, so I changed her nappy, and she pooed, so i changed it and she pooed again! I like the nappys, but i think they are really bulky and only her tights fit over the with two inserts in. So i just bought two tots bots easy fits and im going to getsome bamboo liners. Cant wait!!

We had one tiny leak today, so I changed her nappy, and she pooed, so i changed it and she pooed again! I like the nappys, but i think they are really bulky and only her tights fit over the with two inserts in. So i just bought two tots bots easy fits and im going to getsome bamboo liners. Cant wait!!

It may be that they need a few more washes until they're fully absorbent (unless they're microfibre, in which case they should be okay). If you're finding you're having more leaks, try using a microfibre and a bamboo or hemp insert combo in your nappies - put the microfibre closest to bub and the bamboo or hemp underneath that. The microfibre soaks up liquid super fast but doesn't hold the moisture very well (it can squelch out :sick:) but then if you have a bamboo or hemp one underneath it will hold more moisture, despite taking longer to absorb than microfibre would.

Hope this makes sense :flower:

I will try that thanks, mine are three layer microfibre but im using two in each nappy. I will try one micro and one bamboo.

I will try that thanks, mine are three layer microfibre but im using two in each nappy. I will try one micro and one bamboo.

The leaks are probably due to the microfibre being compressed and some of the liquid coming back out :thumbup: (cute nappies by the way! She looks gorg in them). Microfibre and bamboo is a winning combo, I find my nappies that last longer are the ones that I use one of each type of inserts in (usually last 3/4 hours with my heavy wetter). I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with mf inserts though because they tend to hang on to smell a lot more than bamboo and hemp do and it sucks :grr: Oh well - nothing else seems to do as good a job as absorbing so fast....sorry, rambling now :lol:

This is the first time I've had enough of the diapers clean to do a stash picture. also DH was busy in the garage so I knew I wouldn't get caught with all the diapers in one spot! The first pic is of nearly all her purchased diapers. I think there are a couple left at school. the second pic is of fitteds, covers and wool. The third pic is of the diapers my mom made and the cloth wipes I made (a sample).

ETA: I didn't take pictures of the flats, contours and prefolds.

Attachments

• IMG_0621-1.JPG
    IMG_0621-1.JPG
    311.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0623-1.JPG
    IMG_0623-1.JPG
    291.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0625-1.JPG
    IMG_0625-1.JPG
    332.4 KB · Views: 36
what are the denim ones with the coloured tabs/waist on the same row as your albert? the nappies your mum made look really good!

missing 2 easyfits, a bambooty and a fb as theyre dirty or on a bum!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/blah11/IMAG0346.jpg

top - 5x itti dlish sio, 1x bitti boo, 1x fuzzibunz elite
2nd - 4x tutto, 1x bitti boo, 1x fb
3rd - 4x tutto, 1x bitti boo, 1x fb
4th - 2x blueberry one size, 2x blueberry side snap, 1x bambooty easydry, 1x old style fb
bottom - bg freetime, bg artist, flip, dottybots couture, thirsties duo wrap, superbrite wrap

what are the denim ones with the coloured tabs/waist on the same row as your albert? the nappies your mum made look really good!

They're bumcheeks. I got them on a deals site when LO was only a couple months old.

I should label the rest. I'll work on that tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->