Flashing Smileys - updated need advice!!

4boys

Reaction score
Hi,
This is my first month off of bc (came off of mini pill) I bought an opk clear blue thing and decided to spend this month learning about my cycle. I have 4 kids already but never thought about TTC with them, I was very very lucky and it just happened. I'm now 36 and realize I may have to work a bit harder lol. The first day I used the opk stick there was a solid smiley, we bd that day. I felt ovulation later that day - I get a very specific pain. After that opk went to a plain circle. I'm now 12dpo and have a flashing smiley, I also had a flashing smiley at 8 and 10dpo. Tbh I just don't get this whole opk thing, does this mean my hormones are gearing up for my af? I've been feeling quite nauseas but perhaps I'm inventing that symptom in light of these opk results? I was planning on doing a hpt tomorrow but maybe I don't need to as opk telling me I'm out? Advice much appreciated :shrug: xx

I personally wouldn't use the clear blue ovulation tests once you have gotten the solid smiley. It won't tell anything to be honest. If your 12dpo its not too early to test with a hpt! Good luck.

Thanks! So it doesn't mean anything? I'm not out? Was using them to try and learn about my cycle before really trying next month.

I can't do a hpt today as didn't save fmu!

I had smileys on My clear blue opks when af was late and did a pregnancy test which came back positive and I was in fact preggers and DD is now 2 months old. I had read that positive opks can also be indicative of pregnancy and they were for me! :)

No your far from out. It really means nothing at all. Could even possibly be a good sign as opk's can pick up hcg, although some ladies also have a surge before AF so basically it could go either way. Good luck for when you do start testing, hoping to see you in the pregnancy forums very soon :)

Right! Will stick to original plan and test tomorrow - thanks ladies xx

Ok so I didn't test as I thought AF had arrived, this was same day 12dpo. Thing is, she's gone again!! was brown blood and only a tiny bit. So maybe my periods are messed up from coming off of the mini pill? 12dpo is too late for implantation bleeding right? Not sure if I'm 14dpo or cd2 now :-( please can anyone advise me - I'd be grateful for the input as this is doing my head in!! Xx

It's late but not unheard of plus blood can take a few days to make its way out. Brown blood means old blood. I had a totally negativeve blood test at 13dpo this pregnancy but then got a bfp at 17dpo. So I must have implanted really late. Was hoping you would update, good luck!!!

Well the witch still hasn't turned up, but I feel like she will! What a roller coaster ttc is - and I haven't really started yet! Just need af to hurry up so I can get on with it lol

Fingers crossed for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->