flashing sparkly lights!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by kimber89, Jun 2, 2011.

1. kimber89

kimber89 Guest

so last week i started seeing flashing sparkly lights flying around for about 5minutes and now i just got them again. my fingers are gone swollen but ankles not so much! is this ok or should i go doctor? my doctor isnt down there for the next few days and hate the other doctor so would it be ok to wait or am i worrying over nothing:wacko:

2. Raggydoll

Raggydoll Well-Known Member

Hey hun, I would pop to the Dr's/MW just to get your BP checked.

Hope everything is ok. x

3. Mummy~L

Mummy~L Mummy to 2

I would get it checked if im honest! Better to be safe just in case xx

4. pickles74

pickles74 Well-Known Member

Def get checked swollen hands and lights can be a sign something isn't right x

5. ohbananas

ohbananas Mom to 1, and awaitin 2!

Sounds like pre-eclampsia. I would go in and get checked.

6. Brieanna

Brieanna Well-Known Member

Yeah, changes in vision (due to bp) can be a sign of pre-e so I would go get checked. Hope everything goes well. :)

7. abc123x

abc123x Well-Known Member

I had the same thing... all the symptoms of pre-e, but my BP was only elevated slightly, and it went back down, but my OB said that ANYTIME the vision changes happen or I have sudden swelling when I'm well hydrated, I need to get my BP checked.

Please give them a call and get your BP and urine checked. Play it safe. Hope all is well though. x

8. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

i have had it a few times. Bp and urine always normal. However did always get checked and would sax to do the same

9. kimber89

kimber89 Guest

im just going to ring the midwive now and she will tell me wether to go in or not! god the thoughts of waiting in emergency on a sunny day but better safe than sorry. would rather have my mind at rest.

10. coral11680

coral11680 mother of 3

I have had the seeing stars thing a few times including today when I got up from sitting. I don't have any swelling though. Let us know how you get on:hugs:

11. MummyinJune

MummyinJune Well-Known Member

I c stars also my doc told me it was just my body warning me that my blood pressure is low (which i knew anyway and thats whay causes my dizzynes) but swolleness and seeing stars is a sign of pre-e. good luck x

12. BabyBoyNYC

BabyBoyNYC Well-Known Member

me too! had it on monday, but it was very humid out and I realized i hadn't had any water for a while

13. kimber89

kimber89 Guest

so i went to the hospital i rang and they asked me to come in. was waiting for 4 hours and finally got seen!! she checked my blood pressure and it was fine and just told me to go to my doctor tomorrow to get it checked again! and then back to the hospital next thursday to get checked again!