Flat Stomach at 12 weeks. Anyone else?

Ella_Hopeful

Mom to 5 inc. b/g twins. RPL sufferer.
Reaction score
I'm tall and skinny, and although I am very bloated, when I breath in I have a completely flat stomach and can't feel my uterus at all, even if I push inwards. I know at 12 weeks it's meant to rise out of the pelvis, and I'll be 12 weeks in 2 days and can't feel ANYTHING yet. Is this normal???

Is anyone else flat still??? And if so, did you have your 12 weeks scan yet and was everything okay?

Thanks!!!

I'm tall and slim and only just getting a tiny little bump and it's my second!! With my first even at 20 wks I just looked like id eaten a big lunch. I used to worry all the time but I always measured fine. Mw said my stomach muscles are really strong. I think when ur taller you hide it better too. Still can't feel my uterus either.

I'm sure all is fine. I have my scan on thurs so I'm hoping all will be ok x

I am just 10 weeks but most time look like I am 5 -6 months. Trust me you don't want this. I know this is not a baby it it my stomach muscles that just gave up. Enjoy your flat stomach, it means you will bounce back into shape very quickly. I guess my only solution will be surgery after I have this child.
Most slim and tall ladies don't show until 20 weeks or even later. At 12 weeks your uterus is still hard to find. It probably just levelled up with your pubic bone.

Thanks!

linny - that's reassuring to hear. Good luck with your scan!!!

lazymum - don't think I look like I have a flat stomach most of the time, I have bloat that makes me look huge ;) but I can suck it all in! I've never exercised in my life so I'm pretty sure my stomach muscles won't bounce back...

Hello :) I didn't actually start getting a bump until 20 weeks I was very slim with my first :) turned out to be a blessing in the end as I snapped back into shape within 2 weeks :) xx

Be happy!!!

As others have said being talk and slim your pregnancy won't show as fast. I'm pretty short and with all mine you could tell almost immediately. And my stomach is hard, ie you can feel my uterus. It completely depends on body type.

As someone said before, I'm going to also need stomach surgery to reattach my abdomal muscles. I worked quite hard to get them back to a prepregnancy state but there's only one solution now. So enjoy that belly!!!

I don't think I have ever had a flat stomach hahaha!!

I looked 5 months pregnant before I was pregnant :-/

Enjoy it :)

I look like I am 12 weeks and I am not even pregnant!:haha:

I'm 5'11 and still had a flat stomach at 21weeks (my 'dating' scan- oops!) didnt really start to show until 26weeks.

I've just found out im expecting my 2nd :happydance: and unfortunately I have no such flat stomach this time around! LOL

I experienced that with this baby. I'm just now starting to show, and this is my third, with small gaps in between! So my stomach muscles have had NO way of getting back into place. I have no idea how I am so little with this baby! With my second, I was huge before I even tested, and with my first I couldn't fit into my pants at ALL come 10 weeks! Haha. It's fine, though. This baby has been perfect at my scans. :)

I too am tall and slim. With my first pregnancy I didn't get a bump until 24 weeks. Here's a picture of me at 17 weeks with him, I looked a little bloated at the time, but other than that, there was nothing!

I spent the first half of my pregnancy then wishing for a bump that didn't come for ages!!

This time, I'm hoping it will stay away so I can hide my secret from work a little longer! Ironically though, due to losing a lot of strength in my stomach muscles after being pregnant the last time, I reckon I'll show a lot earlier. I already have a lot of bloat going on by afternoon time.

x

Attachments

• 16 weeks.jpg
    16 weeks.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 18
Because of my job commitments with all of my pregnancies I did not want to show until very late. I am very slim but rather short. With my first I started to show to others at 20 -22 week, with my second I was obviously pregnant at 16 and now I already look 6 months. I am very worried that even Spanx is not working now and my colleagues will start to notice. However even for myself I don't want to look pregnant forever so I am very unhappy of my current shape. :(

It's completely normal, I felt the exact same way with my son. I didn't start to show until I was past 6 months, at 6 months I just looked like I had a little pudge. Count your blessings!! I couldn't wait to have a bump but now I'm happy I didn't get one until later because I never got stretch marks, etc. I have a feeling that I won't be so lucky with my second pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->