Flatter tummy?? Wedding..

jenny82

Reaction score
I have a wedding in 3 days. I also have a 7 week old baby. This has led to all sorts of problems dressing myself :dohh:

So my tummy is still really flabby. It was no where near as bad with the other two but I guess third baby etc, it's just taking its time. I have tried on about 100 dresses in the past month and I look crap in everything. I have quite a short torso, so the waistband of all dresses sits too low on me and also the top parts are always too baggy.

My question is (getting to it eventually) is how can I make my tummy flatter or less bloated in the next 4 days. Doesn't have to be perfect but even passable..

My arms are a whole other kettle of worms. They look like someone has just pumped them up with a pump, and every single blooming dress out there has capped sleeves argh.,,!

I have no miracle advice hun, but im right there with you & ive only had 1 baby & that was 18 months ago!! I just cant shake that mummy tummy!

I couldnt be without my spanx :)

I have no miracle advice hun, but im right there with you & ive only had 1 baby & that was 18 months ago!! I just cant shake that mummy tummy!

I couldnt be without my spanx :)

Spanxs! Seriously- they are your best friend when you want a quick fix ;)

Otherwise there are some waters you can drink that help (infused water with cucumber, lemon, fresh mint and ginger)- avoid salt/sodium... things of that nature. I'm sure you'll look marvelous!

Wrap yourself in cling film. I've heard it works wonders but I have never tried it myself.

It's only been 7 weeks, your uterus is still shrinking back down. You could try spanx but I think I'd have found them uncomfortable post partum.

Go for an empire line dress (waistband just below the boobs) with a floaty skirt part. This will hide your belly quite well. It may seem silly given you've had your baby, but maternity dept will probably have most dresses like this and skirt fabric will be generous and hide your tummy. Try a thin cardigan to cover your arms but not get too hot, or a wrap but you'll be more likely to ditch the wrap sooner.

I hate capped sleeves, no one's arms look good in them unless you've got super toned model arms, annoys me too that shops use them so much.

Thanks! I've found it hard finding empire dresses anywhere. I was with the personal stylist at john Lewis for 2 hours, and she gave up!

on a spanx hunt today so ill see how that looks after:/

Lots of water and green tea, you could try a cling film wrap but spanx is a life saver ;) x

Definitely spanx! They can make you look a good deal trimmer, I usually always wear them when I really want to look nice for an event. You can get them in different stretchiness too, so if the tighter ones are still too uncomfortable with being post partum, they do make some that are not as snug/tight but still hold you in well.

Have you tried a loose shift dress? You're only 7 weeks pp so no one will be expecting you to have a flat tummy! Do you have any maternity dresses that might work? I was still in my maternity clothes for a few months pp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->