Flight must haves for 3 year old!.

xMissxZoiex

Leo, Wyatt, Owen & Milo
Reaction score
We are going away next week to Greece, the flight is about 4hours. I'm absolutely dreading it to the point where I feel it was a mistake to have booked a holiday!.

LO has been abroad twice before and was a complete nightmare and all of the flights!, he is a little older now and will have his own seat but I'm still dreading it :cry:

What are your must haves to keep you three year olds happy and in one spot for a while!?.

ALSO if you have any holiday must haves I'd love to hear them too.

Thank you! <3

I've only taken my LO on flights for hospital trips so can't help with holiday essentials but on the flight things I found helpful were-

Snacks
Books
Crayons & colouring book
Lego in a wee tub
Tablet with films/episodes downloaded and headphones

We always stock up on new toys that she's never had before, mostly just from the dollar store. The big hits for us are sticker books, a little magnetic case with a bunch of animal magnets that she can arrange in various ways, new books, crayons/colouring books or lately the crayola colour wonder markers and books. They keep her attention for a lot longer if they are new and she's never seen or played with them before. Also lots of snacks! We bring a tablet with tv shows/head phones for her but only use it if she has exhausted all the fun out of her toys and is starting to become a pain. We can usually get through a 4-5 hour flight with just toys and books, the only time we needed the tablet was for a 7 hr flight.

Thank you!! That's all very helpful. I'm crossing my fingers for a hassle free flight. He has his own backpack to carry his own things.

Wish me luck!

Thank you!! That's all very helpful. I'm crossing my fingers for a hassle free flight. He has his own backpack to carry his own things.

Wish me luck!

My son looooved having all his things in his own wee bag! Good luck! :)

Thank you!, I'm going to take come emergency Kinder eggs just in case of tantrums LOL xx

Suckable sweets as my son struggles terribly with his ears. Generally the excitement of a flight is enough for him although he does enjoy some music and a new magazine. Good luck!

We just took my kids on a flight that was about 4 hours. (Ages 3, 2, and 2 months). The three year old actually did AMAZING. He has a leap pad tablet with a bunch of learning games he plays on occasion. Well I bought him three brand new games with his favorite characters. I also brought things like coloring books and bought crayons that were triangles so they wouldn't roll off the table. A couple new toys and I'd pull them out one at a time. So I'd have one out for an hour or so with him playing and when he lost interest I'd get another. The flight for him was rather uneventful.

Reusable stickers to stick on the window and everywhere else, fuzzyfelt sets from the pound shop and we have a travel pouch of tegu which are magnetic wooden blocks, there are only six in a pouch but my son loves it and it keeps him entertained for a good 40 mins at a time.

Suckable sweets as my son struggles terribly with his ears. Generally the excitement of a flight is enough for him although he does enjoy some music and a new magazine. Good luck!

Oh, I forgot about magazines! I let him buy one at the airport, that makes it even more exciting!

We did a just under 5 hour flight when our eldest was around that age and it went okay, it's always hit and miss with kids! a mini etch a sketch went down really well, as did the usborne wipe clean pack of doodle cards and the Ipad with cartoons and games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->