Flip flop

Reaction score
Honestly i'm really annoying myself. I go from Yay another baby! to Nope Definitely done, one will be great! about a million times a day! Both states frel very convincing so I don't know which to ignore!

Did anyone else get that and how did it turn out?

Maybe he answer is you want one but just not yet. I was like until a yr ago and i knew that now was the time

I was like that for a while and while we were ntnp it didn't feel right. Then something clicked and I knew it was the right time and we full on started ttc. Now I am desperate for another baby.

im in the same position! was about a year ago too we ntnp for a month and when af came we felt relieved but here we are again but this time im more sure and still feel a little undecided but it feels right. we still arnt trying but I think we will in the next coming months! this will be baby no6 x

I think it's worries about sleep,money and support. Nearly cracked in the first year with my daughter!
Plus am an only child (who didn't like it) so have no confidence that having a sibling would be good!

But I think we really have to decide because if we got pregnant now, the baby would arrive two months before she started school, just as I hit 40...I think we're really pushing the deadlines here.

NOT would definitely be a lot Easier!

I no my children love having siblings and are best friends. I was told you will never regret having a baby but you may regret not having one! X

I feel the same. I'd originally planned to start trying for a second child when my first was 18 months, but the time came and I just didn't feel quite ready. Now my son will be turning four in a few months and I'm only just ready to try. Every other day, I feel like I change my mind -- sometimes I'm so eager to see a positive test, some days I'm totally content with where I am in life and don't want to risk changing that.

I see it as a good thing, in a way. I know that I'll be happy with my son if a second child isn't in the cards. It takes some of the pressure and stress off TTC. If it happens, I'll be excited and welcome a second kid; it it doesn't happen, I'll continue to love my son and look for ways to make his life fulfilling and fun as a single child. Maybe just see flip-flopping as a sign that you can be flexible and adapt to whatever may happen in life!

I'm right there with you! I want another one so bad! But I also love it that dd gets all of my undivided attention. Out plan was to have #2 asap, but ended in a blighted ovum last sept. Since then we were in a rocky spot for a few months and have probably only actively tried about 5 months...and now that we are on the same page again...I'm wrestling with it again! I want another baby! But I want dd to get all my attention and I feel like I'd be taking away from her. Then again, am I taking away from her by not giving her a sibling close in age? I have a Dr appt next week and asking for clomid since it's been a year now since the surgery. We'll see what happens.

I'm sorry other people are dealing with this but i'm also glad it's not just me!!
I agree; I totally worry that having another would take away from having all my attention which seems dreadful, but I also worry that no sibling would be depriving her.

Although i do worry that a four year gap will have rather ruined any potential benefit in that dept anyway.

I'm sorry other people are dealing with this but i'm also glad it's not just me!!
I agree; I totally worry that having another would take away from having all my attention which seems dreadful, but I also worry that no sibling would be depriving her.

Although i do worry that a four year gap will have rather ruined any potential benefit in that dept anyway.

Don't worry about an age gap, I'm really close to my sister who is 8 years older than me. Growing up I was a pain in the ass, it now we don't go a day without talking.

Yes, I know plenty of families with larger age gaps between kids and the siblings are still close. I come from a big family and have siblings very close in age, but now that we're adults, I find myself a little closer to the ones with an age gap of five years or more. Sometimes it means there's a little less sibling rivalry/jealousy and more of a chance to be a mentor to younger siblings. All kinds of age differences work out wonderfully!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->