Flipping out, been a rough ride

BabyCleo

New mama to Lily-Grace
Reaction score
Hey girls :(

At 8 weeks I was put into hospital for Hypermeisis, and im on pills now. Im having such a hard time. This other girl I know on my fb is going on and on about her perfect pregnancy, and ive been so sick for mine. She also took the name (that means a lot to me) for if we have a boy. My 12 week scan is coming up (it will be done at 11w4d) and I just need to know the gender. Ive had full blown panic attacks over if its a boy or not. I want a boy... this sounds so stupid. Im so sad all the time, and at the hospital they wouldn't give me a picture of my emerg. ultrasound. I was 8w1d and they put me back to 7w4d. I don't even know if that's bad. Im 11w1d today and just losing it. I need support. :(

I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. :hugs:

Re: name. Is this a close friend? See my personal opinion on this is that you name your child whatever the hell you want to. If this is a name you love and have always liked them why should you not have it? If it's a good friend then they should understand. If it's not a good friend then you shouldn't worry what they think xxxxxxx

You should speak to your doctor, you shouldn't be having panic attacks about the gender (coming from someone who is an anxious person who really wants one gender and will be disappointed for a while if it's the other, but am not having panic attacks about it).

They won't be able to tell you the gender at your 12 (11+4) scan, in case you think they will and it'll calm you. You should definitely tell someone how stressed you're feeling. And don't compare yourself to the friend on fb, hide her for now on it, everyone has different pregnancies.

thanks, no shes not a good/close friend, someone I just chat to on occasion. Shes 7 weeks ahead of me (I think)

I used to have severe anxiety problems, bad panic attacks etc. that settled down just over a year ago, so im not sure why they are popping up. But yeah, the gender thing is making me bawl. I think I just really want a picture of baby (sounds stupid) and im seeing my doctor in 2 days, so ill bring it up. I didn't think it was normal to be flipping out this much.

omg havent seen you in a while i really wondered about you for some time!
i have a similar situation that arose in the last two days but the outcome was different.
my ex-best friend just told me she was pregnant (shes a month and some days behind me) and although i told her to never talk to me again months long ago, when my boyfriend heard about her pregnancy all he said to her was to find me and tell me she was pregnant because he thought i'd bond with her as we all work together in the same place anyway and he assumed id be happy with another pregnant woman in my vicinity that i can see and talk to everyday, even if its her. he was right! although i was mad at him at first ... grr... but i thanked him first thing in the morning when we woke up for work and let him know although i was mad i was very happy talking to her. i enjoy talking to her alot.. i get so excited and we laugh even if its not about our pregnancies. just like old times. and she told me right away that she wants a baby girl but the name she really loved i already had picked out (Kylie) and she said now she can't take it from me because i had picked the name first. i respect her so much for that. we now joke about how our babies may grow up and get married if i have a girl and she has a boy (vice-versa). i feel so happy when i talk to her now. its like old times but even so, i still sort of missed her after my decision but my decision was based on reasons that were worth the result. i would not be best friends with her again but i would love to just be like sisters with her. im just not a friendly type of girl. im more of a loner and having a best friend for the first time really made me unhappy. plus she liked me TOO much... more of like a fangirl of mine more than a best friend. saying yes to being her best friend within two months of just talking to her and not even hanging out yet, was my mistake. but we're so good now.

im sorry for the novel i wrote! i love writing wah. im sorry you're going through so much. anxiety happens to most of us, including me.. i hope you feel better soon! i only threw up a few times but it was a few hours right before my first ultrasound. didnt get but just two hours of sleep. i did have to take zofran some weeks later, but i only took it once a day and for two days only. when my morning sickness came back with a vengeance after making me feel completely normal and sick-free for this one day in week 10. man i was feeling horrible. lately its been back to normal with just feeling sick when im hungry and then the occasional nausea waves at work when im getting dizzy from moving around in one spot. overall its been tolerable for me and i hope it gets tolerable for you soon as possible!

aww thanks :) im on pills for it (I had Zofran at the hospital) and I feel better today. Tomorrow I get to hear the HB and then the day after is my NT scan.

In the hospital they put me back 4 days with my dating, im assuming that's nothing to worry about right?

I've been put back with my DS and put back and then forward with my DD. It is very common so don't worry :hugs:. I'd still use the name if I were you, if your friend says anything about how they have chosen the name I'd just say somethin like "ah we have chosen the same name! :). I just love it, it has such special meaning for us :)". She doens't own the name so even if she kicks off it is still yours to use.
Gender dissapointment isn't easy to cope with. Mayeb chek out the gender dissapointment section on here for support if you haen't already? There are other ladies around your gestation waiting to find out the gender. I'd try to prepare yourself for it being a girl, think of all the nice things about having a girl and think of a name perhaps, so that if you find out LO is a girl you'll be in a better position to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->