Flips

dougie

Fluff addict!
Reaction score
I have just ordered some flips, as you all rave about them! Mainly because when we go to stay with my OHs family (200 miles away) they dont have a washing machine and i figure that the disposable inserts for the flips will be much better than just regular disposables
now heres my question!

I use LLs at night but i find their wraps are pants - excuse the pun! Would the flip wrap fit around the fitted nappy?
I have ordered some pumpkin pants too but i just thought as a back up?

yeah, hubby put my fleece soakers in the bin for washing before i could reuse then (i use the same one at least 2 nights) so i was forced to use a flip cover over my WNNN but he is normally on the smallest rise, i had to have it fully opened on the largest rise to fit the wnnn! lol

your LO must be a really light wetter, i never got more than 2 hours out of a LL! i put them aside for my next baby as i assume it will hold newborn wee. i found LL wraps quite a food fit though because the leg gusset

btw, you will love flips!!! i wasnt so convinced and i got them because people raved about them but i slowly understood how fab they are and i looove them! did you get the stay dry ones?

i use size ones in the day and they last about 3/4 hours, at night i use size two with the flappy bit folded over and the back is still dry by the morning but the wrap has leaked!! its annoying!!

i got 1 staydry with 2 packs of disposables but have some prefolds with ill fitting wraps so can use them too

Flips wraps are great with LLs. Obviously the LLs are bulkier than a little Flip insert so you'll probably have to adjust the rise. I have mine on the middle setting with Flip inserts and full out with LLs.

Am with you on the LL wraps, I don't rate them at all, far too much wicking round the tummy and legs.

i dont rate LLs at all to be honest! but they were given to me so i make the most of them!

How long do you get out of the staydry insert with a heavy wetter or do you boost them.

I like my LL they never ever leak and the wraps work well for us

I don't know if Adam is a heavy wetter - but we get about 4 hours out of Flip stay dry insert, more if it is boosted, but I don't boost as standard, only if we're going out and I don't think he's going to do a poo. By contrast, I do boost BG v3 inserts all the time (with a folded LL bamboo booster up front underneath) and also get 4 hours out of that. Unboosted, it'll be leaking by 3 hours. A bamboo LL will also go 4 hours, but we never get leaks with an Airflow wrap.

I use both the inserts on the BG3 and can manage 4-6 hours :/

So the flip wraps should be a-ok for nighttimes then?

I love flips! I find one insert lasts ages and use two for an overnight nappy.

Don't be too disappointed if the disposable inserts don't seem very absorbant - I have to use two to get anywhere near the level of absorbancy of a cloth insert and even then they're not great. The stay dry inserts are fab though.

I do use Flip wraps over the top of fitteds sometimes at night and they work really well for my heavy wetter.

hmm are they no good?
at least i will be able to use the wraps if they arent good

it will be worth a try im sure

I found the disposable inserts just bunched up in the middle and the pee missed :( I love my flips with both the stay dry or organic inserts :D

Yep Flips fit around LLs. I use mine over Stretchies at night :)

I love my Flips, never a leak, and the stay dry is SO absorbant. I don't like the disposies at all though- hope you get on better with them, but they scrunch up and only last 1hr -2 max. Maybe you could double them up though. Also when you go visit relatives i'd just take stay dry inserts and a big wet bag- then just rinse them under a tap LOADS, squeeze out all the excess and throw them in the bag till you get back?

jetters - thats what i think i might do if i dont get on with the disposables, the only thing is sometimes we could be away for a week or two, and thats ALOT of inserts!

has anyone tried the mothercare disposable inserts? i know they arent as eco-concious though but apparently they are a bit wider? maybe they would be better?

Yeah I found the mothercare ones better... or I used 2 flip disposable ones.

I love my flips too... And I hate to brag, but I took a risk and bought them when they first came on trial In the uk and were buy one get one free!! (sorry!! But none of my friends understand me and my cloth!!).
I had some mothercare dispoable inserts, which I got with some smart nappies that I tried, and I've used them with the flips covers, they do about 3 hours if I'm lucky. I've not had much luck with the flip disposables tho... May try using two...

It think the Flip wraps go with pretty much most fitteds from what I hear...heard mummys using them with all sorts!

Im not a 2-parter user myself but I do have a Flip and do really like it with a SD insert!

The disposable inserts from Mothercare are a bit better than the Flip ones but not much. Could you not handwash the stay dry inserts? I'd probably leave any that get pooed on but just wet ones shouldn't be too difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->