Fliss' sort of WTT for #2 til 2015 Diary Thinger

Fliss

Reaction score
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Le hubs has come round to the idea of another baby!!!

Before anyone gets excited (or thinks I've lost my mind!), given Nathan is not quite 5 months old yet, I have no desire for another baby imminently.

We were in town earlier this week and he started talking about "when we have a daughter"

Cue me doing this --> :thumbup::happydance: :D

Then we were discussing long-term contraception to get rid of my periods. I had the Mirena in before we conceived Nathan and it stopped them, and the crippling (I am no longer exaggerating or theorising - I know now that they are worse than early labour) pain, but it began to wear off about 3 years in - so they gave me the mini pill to top up the hormones.

So he said that when that starts again, if it follows the same pattern, we could look at taking it out and TTC #2

See above -->:thumbup::happydance: :D

So it's at least 3 years away, but this is the man who didn't want ONE child, let alone 2!!!!!!!!!

One very very happy Flissle.

Congrats on getting the hubs to come around!!! Actually you remind me a lot of my own situation. We both have boys close in age, I also have mirena, and I'm WTT #2 in 2015!! I think that age gap will be great. Still close in age, but not both in diapers ;)

P.S. I also hope #2 is a girl!!!!

Oh wow so we do - my son was born a month early so I'm guessing your due date for Richard was around the end of June?

Wouldn't it be fab if we were TTC again around the same time?

And yes, we really ARE hoping #2 would be a girl - I know you aren't 'supposed' to do that, but heck 1 of each would be so awesome....

He was actually born right on his due date, June 23rd! It would be great to know someone TTC around the same time. My LO was NTNP, so I've never actually TTC. I've peaked into the forums, and it looks so confusing!

Well I am definitely NOT pregnant (we'd had a slight accident with condoms so I've been bricking it for the last week) and I have an appointment to have the coil fitted on the 5th - and I'm relieved.

I might want another baby but sure as hell not now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fliss, I have 2 boys which are the light of my life!! And when I was pregnant with #2 I really wanted another boy. Now I find myself daydreaming about a daughter and I just feel like there is a peice missing in our family. So we are WTT aug. 2014 and I think I am going to use a site like smartstork.com or ingender to use diet/supplements to sway for girl! Although I would be very blessed to have another healthy boy too! They are so much fun :)! But I just wanted to let you know there are such sites out there. A friend of mine had 3 boys and wanted to have a girl and used smartstork and #4 was her girl!! Well congrats to be WTT lol!

Well I am definitely NOT pregnant (we'd had a slight accident with condoms so I've been bricking it for the last week) and I have an appointment to have the coil fitted on the 5th - and I'm relieved.

I might want another baby but sure as hell not now!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's good! My OH and I had a couple slip ups before I got the mirena, which is what convinced me to get long term birth control that I didn't have to worry about on a daily basis.

Congrats on the good news :thumbup: your situation sounds similar to mine. My fiance didn't want any babies in the beginning. Our first was a complete surprise and after his birth, my fiance is now wanting to have more. I was so happy to hear that he had come around to the idea of more. I can't wait to be pregnant again, but I am waiting until 2015 or so as well, because I am in grad school and I think I would rather enjoy my pregnancy than be ripping my hair out trying to get my grad work done and taking care of two babies/toddlers.

I forgot I started this thing :blush:

Well Nathan is nearly 9 months old, and thriving. I am not even slightly broody, which surprises me, so the plan remains the same.

I'm back at work in less than 3 months :( perhaps I will decide I want to be pregnant then LOL but I'm going to be looking for a new job so that should help.

Can't stop crying. Need to sleep but can't. Don't want to go back to work. Go back Wednesday....

So I went back to work last month.

Nathan turned one last week.

I'm still NOT broody, but I know I want another baby eventually, so the plan remains the same.

I currently have glandular fever and feel like crap not to put too fine a point on it.

*dies*

My son is just awesome - he's so close to walking, confidently babbling (he can say dada, he just won't!) fully weaned though still on 3 bottles a day, close to fully sleeping through, and having a whale of a time at nursery. And we have 6 teeths.

He's also turning into a toddler slowly - perhaps when he no longer 'looks' like a baby I will get broody again...

It must be so hard to have glandular fever with a baby! My OH has been recovering from it for months and even though he feels ok most of the time, he still can't do any sport without feeling wiped out the next day or so.

Sounds like things are great with your son!

Looking back at Nathan's newborn pictures and travelling through his journey made me very weepy today...

Hmmmm...

Oh and we now have seven teeths and can say Dada and Yes.

Still cruising everywhere rather than walking...

Hiya, I remember you from WTT the first time round. I'm planning to TTC later this year but I'm still not broody yet. I get the occasional twinge looking at Ashley's newborn photos too.

Wow and our sons are nearly the same age - brave woman - I don't feel ready in 'myself' yet no matter what my hormones are trying to tell me!!!

I figure I'll get all the sleepless nights over with as soon as possible! If Ashley ever starts sttn I may never be brave enough to have another one and start all over again!

I still want Nathan to be old enough to 'understand' but I may end up HAVING to try sooner as I am having some issues with my periods that may only be fixed by serious long term contraception and I don't want to screw with my fertility TOO much....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->