Fliss' sort of WTT for #2 til 2015 Diary Thinger

So I have a toddler.

He has 11 teeth, is RUNNING everywhere, and a few words. We have 'mumma/mum-mee, dadda/dad-de, up, hiya, and attempts at bye'

According to the experts he SHOULD have 10 words but then he's a mover so stuff it.

Wow so two years since my life radically changed:

21/10/2011:

https://i.imgur.com/xRTTBl.jpg

21/10/2012:

https://i.imgur.com/FvrkMl.jpg

20/10/2013:

https://i.imgur.com/VmobuWRl.jpg

Can't wait for next year - hopefully I will get it on 21/10/2014 :)

Am I ready for another? No not yet, but I do *want* another, so we will stick to the plan for now.

Got jabbed with the Depo yesterday to try and sort my issues out and am waiting on an ultrasound as welll... best to try and get things fixed before TTC again...

I'm beginning to realise that I am, in fact, a great big ball of seething resentment and pain.

My parents are moving to Wales by the end of next month. I was thrilled for them - it was their retirement plan (slightly complicated by the fact that my dad won't actually retire for at least a further 2-3 years but whatever, it's a plan) . Ok so it means we wouldn't see them so often or so easily but that's cool - it just means long weekends or whatever - they are buying a 4-bed house, so that's cool, there'll be somwhere for us to sleep.

WRONG.

So - 1 bedroom for mom and dad - check
1 bedroom to be turned into a temporary hobby room - they are theoretically going to be building an outhouse for their hobbies long term, but as they don't even have planning permission for that yet it's going to take a while, if indeed it happens at all - but hell this is their retirement home right? Of course they should have space for the things that will fill their time once they've given up work - check.

My little brother (22 next month) has just finished his degree and has a 16-hour a week temporary job with Argos while he tries to build up his TV and film making portfolio - so there's no way he could afford his own place on that money - so he needs his own room - check.

So whatever way you looked at it, there should be A space for me, DH and Nathan to crash for an overnight, even if it meant all 3 of us in one bed once N outgrows his travel cot (about a year to go I reckon if he carries on the same rate of sprouting as he's doing currently).

WRONG.

My little sister (just turned 24) has decided (pending agreement but it will happen) that she, her husband and their son (2 months younger than Nathan) plus two cats (my parents have 2 dogs) should move in with mom and dad permanently so that they can save up for their own place (they currently rent). And, considering the last month or so, probably try and use my mom as free childcare for as long as they can get away with.

Ok, fine, their lives - they want to lose their own place and space etc - but the upshot of this is that Nathan will spend even less time with his maternal grandparents than he would have done - because it's too far away for a day trip - 6 hours is impossible.

I have a bad back, I'm not willing to spend the night on a sofa - especially not with the aforementioned animals, as they would love a chance to jump all over more humans.

It just appears that rather than retiring, downsizing and moving their lives - which is fine, they've more than earned it - they are moving their family - or at least the ones that matter. Which as usual is neither me nor my son.

They (well my mom) constantly bitches that she doesn't see or know Nathan well - well maybe that is because you cancel on us every bloody time we arrange for babysitting with you. But we live in Banbury, my parents live in Princes Risborough (Buckinghamshire) and my sister lives in Abingdon - I admit that's 20-40 minutes closer than us but she'd constantly detour home via Abingdon from Oxford (where she was working) to spend the evening etc with Harriet and never ever to see me.

Even when Nathan was 5 weeks early she barely came to see us, didn't spend ANY time with us bar one or two hospital visits (I was held to ransom there for 6 days) and wouldn't make arrangements to visit 'in case Harriet needed her' because she was still pregnant. I was having a really hard time - bf wasn't working, Nathan was jaundiced _I_ was ill (really high BP) and I could have just used a hand here and there.

I will add that when she did come to visit the first time she did stock us up with ready meals and tidied the house for us and I am grateful for that - it wasn't like she did nothing so perhaps I am a tad ungrateful I don't know.

But she spent so much time with Max - he achieved favoured grandson status by virtue of the fact that she was at his birth. I am going to apologise for the fact that I felt seriously uncomfortable at the thought of my parents at my baby's birth - I won't change my mind with #2. But it's bloody pissing that my son is penalised for a decision that I made...

Wow I have a lot of pent up anger... I still feel awful, but at least Harriet has had the implant fitted - so there's a chance I might have baby #2 without being overshadowed by the impending arrival of a cousin - it really really did hamper everything - no enjoyment because 'Oh yes Harriet has all this to come' or 'Oh you are so lucky not to have had X - Harriet's was so much worse'...

So I won't be announcing to family when we TTC #2 - and I will be waiting til 13 weeks to announce as well... that way maybe, just maybe, I can have some time with my baby/children getting some of the attention they should be entitled to.

I'm just always the third wheel, never considered - and then they get annoyed because I don't ask for help????

So 18 months exactly til I try to make my Little Buddy a big brother... it's exciting, but I'm still really down at the moment so it seems such a long time away...

I know I should just enjoy him and I do try to do so.

Yep I'm officially broody - yet terrified as I know it would be my 'last' baby, and we must must wait until N is 3, else I'd have to give up work - couldn't afford two children in childcare...

Bah

I wonder if I'm broody because I'm depressed - looking at newbie pictures etc make me happy yet sad at the same time.

I dunno... we have money issues and I'm permanently stressed out atm so yeah, bah.

But after Nathan's recent surgery I really really want #2 to be a girl (though I would love another son obviously) as I really really don't want to have to go through that again...

But you get what you're given, and no-one can tell what the future holds...

So I'm facing surgery some point early (I hope) next year for suspected endometriosis.

I'm scared as to what that could mean for my fertility. I want another baby, but I still want Nathan to be three before he/she arrives, so that in theory he'd be at school for the time I had to return to work post mat-leave.

But if it's a choice between never having another child and a smaller gap - there's no contest - smaller gap it would be.

Fortunately DH is indeed on board with this plan!

So my little lad is 20 months old this week - my how time flies.

Still worried about surgery but hopefully it'll fix me.

We might be relocating if DH gets another job...

Broody broody broody.

Really sad atm.

Got no-one to talk to about everything and I miss my best friend.

It's all shit really.

I want to be TTC again yet don't as it would be our last baby unless we won the lottery...

And I don't want to wish my time with Nathan away.

He's my little man. I adore him.

God hormones are hard work.

So Nathan seems to be asking for a sibling.

I have no IDEA how a not-quite-21-month-old knows where babies come from, but he keeps lifting up my tops/attempting to pull down my trousers, open-hand patting my stomach and saying 'baby, baby?'

And gets a little upset when I say 'no baby' We seem to be having some success with 'baby all gone'.

It's gone past amusing, through creepy, and now I'm just sad about it :-(

A good friend of mine is now leaving my office.

I'm really really down about this now.

Dammit dammit dammit.

So I have my laparoscopy surgery date through.

Monday 17th March. That's bloody close!

Also inconvenient as far as my office is concerned but they can damn well whistle.

I'm not sure what I want them to find tbh.

So I've had my operation. Endometriosis is confirmed moderate to severe.

Apparently I'm "lucky" to have conceived Nathan.

Bit of a blow that.

MRI next Friday at 10:45...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"