Floaters in eyes.

Sophie1205

TTC #2
Reaction score
This is something that has bothered me for about ten years now (since I was ten years old). I have this translucent "worm shaped" floater in my right eye which moves around my vision as I move my eye and is easier to see when in bright day light or looking and the computer screen. Recently it just started to bother me a lot. I cant sit at the laptop for too long because it really bothers me. I can also see two black spots floating around too. So I decided to google and apparently its really common and theres no treatment for it really and they never go away :cry: They really bother me and make me feel quite sick tbh. I found this and its exactly what Ive got, the picture on the top right explains the "worm shaped" one I see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

This quote below explains what I get:

However, floaters in teenage patients and young adults are usually harder to treat. For people in this age group, the floater that is seen usually looks like a kind of crystal (translucent) worm/web/cell. These particular floaters aren't really floaters in a technical sense as they aren't found in the vitreous humour, instead they are found right on top of the retina in the Premacular Bursa. Very little is known about this region, and it only becomes distinct after the vitreous detaches from the retina at later stages of life. Due to their microscopic size they cannot be seen by professional doctors. They only appear as big as they do because of their proximity to the retina. These types of floaters are still described occasionally in the third decade and very rarely occur in the 40 or older population.[9][10]

Has anyone else got this?? Should I speak to my optician because its really bothering me recently and I do sometimes get little flashes in my eye and Ive always suffered with bad headaches. Its got to the point where its making me cry its bothering me that much because I can constantly see them :(

I get them just small ones espically if I've not had enough to drink or the air is dry! There's no harm in getting a eye testvthough just to check I go once a year x

It can be due to low iron as well so I would get an eye test 1st then if nothing shows up your iron intake x

I've had them for as long as I can remember, I don't think it's anything to worry about but no harm in getting an eye test and asking the Drs to check your iron levels
x

Ive not long had an eye test and they told me I was short sighted but said the health of my eyes were fine. I think I will go to my GP and discuss it with them and get them to check my iron levels and see what else they say. I can go ages without noticing them but the past few days they have really been bothering me. Ive just got over a stomach but and I didnt eat for two days so maybe thats made them worse. But as I said I've had them since i was 10 but dont always notice them. x

Its good to know theres other people lol. Its always really bothered me and I've only just looked it up now. I only notice it really bad when Im on the laptop!! really annoying x

I've got them too! Didn't realise it was an actual thing, i thought it was just a weird thing your body did haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->