Floating ovary?

eclecticmama

Reaction score
I posted yesterday without a response.
Im getting a little crazy now.
Im 10dpo with bfn.
This is my first cycle after a high contrast xray that my GP had hopes would clear any blockages but during the pre xray ultrasound they said my ovary was floating. One minute it was on the right and next the left (i only have one ovary and one fallopian tube.)

What does this even mean?!
Has anyone had luck with the xray being the magic key to rhe bfp?!

Someone please talk to me before i go completely batty! :sad2:

I'm sorry, I have no idea what this means but I hope someone has an answer for you

I am on cycle 7 of ttc but its been more like 9 months or so because my cycles were so long in the beginning. I have started femara and am now ovulating but no bfp still:(

I hope you gets some answers and your bfp soon

I am on cycle 7 of ttc but its been more like 9 months or so because my cycles were so long in the beginning. I have started femara and am now ovulating but no bfp still:(

I hope you gets some answers and your bfp soon

Thankyou. I just did another IC. BFN. Wah.
At 11dpo youd assume if i were pregnant it would be positive now, yeah?

It took us 2 years with our son. Its just ridiculous. And theres been so many pregnancy announcements lately!

Whats femara?

Hey sorry I just saw your post. Did you get AF or better yet a bfp?? :) femara is a breast cancer drug but it is also used to induce ovulation. It seems to have higher success than clomid in woman with pcos

Hey there,

I have a septate uterus so I have some experience in the Mullerian abnormalities field. I assume since you have a unicornuate uterus with the one tube and ovary, that having a "floating" ovary is due to that. Your ovaries typically should not be "fixed in place" unless you have some abdominal scarring or adhesions that have affixed them to somewhere. But since most women have more pelvic anatomy than you do, that would explain there being excess room, and your ovary moving around a fair bit. If you had a regular uterus with both tubes and ovaries, there would be less room and space for the ovary to move around. I have heard plenty of times of women having their ovaries sneak behind their uterus and things like that while they are getting ultrasounds done so the tech can't see them properly.

I wouldn't be concerned about this happening. I am sure that your length of conceiving is likely due to the one ovary and tube. It would make sense that it may take you twice as long as someone with two ovaries and tubes since only one is functioning. If your tube is patent and the dye flowed through, and since you've had a previous pregnancy and birth before, I would just say it is an unfortunate waiting game for yourself and instead of the regular "1 year ttc", your may be more like 2 and be considered normal for yourself.

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->