Flower Middle Names help

pippi_89

3 babies + 1 angel
Reaction score
This is just out of interest as we are not even considering ttc for at least a year yet but:

DDs both have flower middle names Rose and Lily and I always planned on using the name Orchid for a third as they are my three favourite flowers. Now we have our children, they all have traditional/classic names and Orchid just doesn't seem to fit any more. I'm stuck as I don't really like many other flower names and the ones I do seem a little 'out there'.

So far I have:

Jasmine
Violet
Lavender
Lilac
Willow
Ashe (technically trees I know but stil!)

or species of Orchid: (is that pushing it a bit?)

Ada
Ania
Laelia

Opinions/suggestions please!

How about Ivy? You might find it flows easier as a middle name compared to the others you've listed x

I love Violet! It's a great mix of classy and trendy :D

Second choice would be Ada (I LOVE Orchids, but the name "Orchid" is a bit unusual)

How about Ivy? You might find it flows easier as a middle name compared to the others you've listed x

Why didn't I think of that?! :dohh: I love that name.

Thanks everyone! I think I would lean towards Violet or Jasmine (or Ivy now) but I taught a little girl named Jasmine so that kind of puts me off. (Lovely kid I would just associate it with her, even though she was Jazmin!)

I love Violet and Jasmine and Ivy

Other ones I can think of
Iris
Daisy
Zinnia
Clover
Poppy
Heather

I like Iris and Heather! We could never use Poppy or Daisy though as we have both had pets with those names and it puts us off!

It's a pain isn't it! I loved Willow as a first name for dd#1 but my best friend bought a hamster while I was pregnant and named it Willow! After we had mentioned it as a baby name, I might add! I'm sure she did it on purpose!! :rofl: The hamster is dead now so it wouldn't bother me as much, it was only a hamster! Is that awful?! :dohh:

Not awful, it's not as if it was your hamster.

So far I have:

Jasmine - beautiful but not classic imho
Violet - beautiful and classic
Lavender - pretty but not classic
Lilac - pretty but not classic
Willow - pretty but not classic
Ashe (technically trees I know but stil!)

or species of Orchid: (is that pushing it a bit?)

Ada - beautiful and classic
Ania - not 100% on pronunciation
Laelia - not really classic

Violet or Ada I think go best with Lily and Rose

what about Heather?

p.s I never noticed your sons middle name before, kind of short for daffodil :thumbup:

Haha Dafydd is a Welsh variation of David but I actually have a daffodil tattoo for him as it's close enough and he was born not long after St. David's day!!

Ania would be An-ee-a.

How about:

Poppy
Flora
Daisy
Amaryllis
Lilly
Jade

I am using 'Rosa' as a middle name. I personally like it as its similar to Rose but not as half as popular..and also it is my great grandmothers name :)

I really like Ivy and Violet. Which one is better would just depend on the first name you pick.

I am using 'Rosa' as a middle name. I personally like it as its similar to Rose but not as half as popular..and also it is my great grandmothers name :)

I like it but dd#1s middle name is Rose! It's a traditional thing in OHs family.

I really like Ivy and Violet. Which one is better would just depend on the first name you pick.

I agree. First name would probably be:

Evelyn (Evie)
Elizabeth (Beth)
Harriet (Hattie)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g