Flu shot..12 weeks

Rosiegirl

Reaction score
So I am sitting here freaking out because I had my 12 week appointment today and everything looked great, but my OBGYN insisted I get the flu shot. I have had them in the past, but didn't get one this year.

I didn't think too much about it cause I know they always recommend pregnant women to get the shot, so I listen to her and got it, and now I came home and read online all these stories of how it's not good to get the shot, and how many believe it is linked to miscarriages, still birth, ect.

Again, I am sitting here crying and freaking out. Did I just make a huge mistake? Is my baby going to be ok?

Has anyone gotten the flu shot and gone onto have healthy babies??

Please share..

I had one at 4 weeks and everything with my baby is great so far. Try not to worry too much, I am sure it will be just fine!

just hope for the best hun but to be honest I would not have got it while pregnant eventhough the intent is to prevent u from getting sick the fact is enough is not known about this flu shot and it's long term effects. same goes for that gardisal vaccine for young girls I keep hearing horror stories about side effects.

There is nothing to worry about for the flu shot- they had taken out the chemicals that could have been harmful in the swine flu injection ( can't remember names) people have been getting the flu shot when preg for years, it's better to be safe, you are at a bigger risk of becoming sick with flu and end up in hospital if you don't get it!
You did the right thing!

As a nurse I had the flu vac - which also has swine flu vac in it this year - it is much safer to have it than contract flu which puts your baby at risk. The vaccine is not live and is perfectly harmless to your baby. As I had a m/c last year I was wary about having it but had it last week. There are lots of people I come in contact with that have flu and if I caught it baby would be at risk. Honestly it is worth it - think how cross you would be with yourself if you got flu and affected baby. There are NO reports of the flu vac interfering with foetal development.

I had mine at 5 weeks and still going strong. Its not worth the risk of catching flu you did the right thing. X

Try not to worry, there is a lot of conflicting information.

I personally chose not to get it because I don't believe in extra medical interventions during pregnancy - our bodies are meant to handle pregnancy and we don't always need medical help to make it happen, if that makes sense.

There are some studies linking the flu shot to miscarriage, but nothing definitive at this time, so try not to stress. Many women got it and go on to have healthy babes :)

look at how many thousands of people have the jab and how many have thousands of healthy babies. dont let scary stories which are in the minoroty and probably have other medical factors involved as well frighten you x

I had it after umming and ahhhhing the benefits and for me I had it as i've no immunity to any childhood illnesses so i thought it would be better to get it so i have no complications. I had it at 14 weeks and apart from a sore arm i'm fine. Listened to babys heart and he/she is going like the clappers :)
All the posts that have been put on here about it and everyone has been fine hun x

its like the mmr jab (is that the one that is very contraversial and offered to young children?) you have to weigh up the benefits with the risks. i think even if there was a chance my child got autism from it, it is a slim chance and i would rather that than them potentially die from catching measles or menangitus which is much more likely and much more serious.

it was the same with the flu jab when i got that. i have never had flu and wondered if i should risk it as i dont generally like having medication etc. but then the thought that i MIGHT catch it as there are lots of bugs floating around coupled with the knowledge that getting a fever could kill my unborn baby made me think - not worth the risk! so i went for it.

x

I had it after umming and ahhhhing the benefits and for me I had it as i've no immunity to any childhood illnesses so i thought it would be better to get it so i have no complications. I had it at 14 weeks and apart from a sore arm i'm fine. Listened to babys heart and he/she is going like the clappers :)
All the posts that have been put on here about it and everyone has been fine hun x

if you dont mind me asking, how come you have no immunity to childhood diseases? did you never catch any? or not have any jabs or anything? :) x

if you dont mind me asking, how come you have no immunity to childhood diseases? did you never catch any? or not have any jabs or anything? :) x

I had everything when i was younger and had the jabs but i had high dose chemo and stem cell transplant when i was 25 so basically every single cell was taken out then i had healthy cells put back in. the doc said that the b cells wouldn't have remembered the immunity (or something like that) so i've got lots of lovely jabs on their way after babs is born! Its not really come to light until now with blood tests you get whilst pregnant x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->