Flu shot 1st trimester?

Tiger22

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten it in the first? I'm very nervous about getting the flu bc I know the outcome while pregnant can be very bad but I am also worried about if it will harm the baby especially in the first trimester. I am 7 weeks now and flu season has already started...any thoughts?

I am in the same boat. 7w5d and haven't gotten my flu shot. I am a nurse so I am supposed to have one for work....but I'm a little aprehensive since the babies brain/spine neuro are all forming at this time. I have an appointment on Tuesday and will talk with my doctor then.

My Midwife recommended me having my flu shot basically insisted I have it asap so I am booked in for it on the 29th November first appointment I could get with the flu clinic at my surgery I will be just coming to the end of 12 weeks

I had mine already , my doctor insisted because I was pregnant I needed to get one.

I had mine shortly after I found out I was pregnant...right at around 4 weeks. I read a great deal of information before committing to the decision, and the overwhelming opinion seemed to be that flu shots are highly recommended during pregnancy and should not cause harm to your baby, as it is a deadened virus. Many sources definitely said to not get the nasal spray flu vaccine (I had never even heard of this option anyway) as the nasal spray contains a portion of live virus, but the flu shot should not be harmful.

i took my flu shot and then two days later found out i was pregnant with a bfp at 8 dpo. baby is wonderful and measuring bigger by two days. its very recommended to have a flu shot as if you catch the flu during pregnancy, it might cause complications you cant recover from as far as baby's health goes. im glad i got the flu shot when i did. the flu broke out and the doctor's office called me asking if id be willing to take it a month earlier this year because they had some severe cases in the hospital i live near. i normally take the flu shot every year in october but this year i took it in the beginning of september. i have not ever had the flu since taking the shot since childhood.

I didn't get it. But I never get the flu shot. I've also never had the flu. DH used to get them every year, and then subsequently got the flu every time. He quit getting the shots, and hasn't had the flu since. I know they say you can't get the flu from the shots, but getting it every year within a week of your flu shot, to never having it again without flu shots? Just not something I will do.

I don't do any vaccines though, but that is another story for another thread....

I got the shot at 10 weeks and now I am 15 weeks and baby is just fine :) It's much worse to get the flu :/

BST Mama did you end up getting it? I will be 8 weeks 1 day tomorrow and they will probably ask me at my apt if I want it and I am still undecided! I'm terrified of getting the flu but also just feel like this is a terrible time to get it in the 1st trimester! :/

Opps sorry this was suppose to be a new thread

Yep got it at 4 weeks. 2 days after my bfp. Highly recommended.

I personally want to make sure everything is ok at my dating scan before I have the vaccine, not that I think it will damage the baby in any way but need to know everything is ok first. Just 2 1/2 weeks to wait 😁😁😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->