Flu vaccine for kids

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Do you get your kids done each year? Does it help? I swear next year I am going to start as the bug has been around and around here with my kids for the past 4 months. Amanda just had a cold and now she's throwing up. :dohh:

:hugs: hun

Here you only get the vaccine if you're at risk ie health problems like heart lungs etc So as my middle 3 kids are asthmatic they get done. They have only just had the vaccine the past 2 years as it was offered to Joe as he was diagnosed with chronic lung disease ( then I fought to get the girls vaccinated as well ) and 100% has greatly improved their asthma and chest problems alot......hugely :) But they have had the usual colds and sore throats but not the bad chest and coughs :)

I highly recommend it hun :)

I hope your lo's are better soon :hug:

Thanks hon! :hugs: Also thinking of doing the chickenpox vaccination too.

I have never and will never get the flu shot. Nor will my children. My entire family gets very very sick whenever we get it. T^T

The flu jab makes me ill as its a live vaccine they swear its only a small amout but within 6 wks of having it i am hospitalised the once my doctor insisted katie had it i was on mau and she was on childrens ward not had it in 2 yrs and 2 yrs without being a inpatient ...just my opinion

:hugs: hun

Here you only get the vaccine if you're at risk ie health problems like heart lungs etc So as my middle 3 kids are asthmatic they get done. They have only just had the vaccine the past 2 years as it was offered to Joe as he was diagnosed with chronic lung disease ( then I fought to get the girls vaccinated as well ) and 100% has greatly improved their asthma and chest problems alot......hugely :) But they have had the usual colds and sore throats but not the bad chest and coughs :)

I highly recommend it hun :)

I hope your lo's are better soon :hug:

Amanda was better by lunchtime. :dohh: Kept her out of school for the entire day, and also didn't bring Jayden for his 2 1/2 hours.

Just wanted to quarantine all the kids at home. Chase is still sickly with a cold...poor little guy.

Thanks hon! :hugs: Also thinking of doing the chickenpox vaccination too.
I may be wrong, but isnt the chicken pox vaccine done routinely now? I know my oldest has had it done... and I dont remember specifically asking for it.

How are the lo's now hun? :hugs:

Chase is getting over his cold, Amanda is better, I've caught the cold and now Jayden has a swollen eyelid, which I don't know what the hell it is. :hugs:

Hi :)

I got my flu shot for the first time this year.. and I honestly wonder why I didn't do it sooner! I felt a bit 'off' for a couple days later, but have not had so much as a runny nose all winter (and I always get sick). So definitely worth it for me! I'd say it's probably worth it for kids or anyone dealing with the public as you're exposed to sooo many germs and different people, you can pick anything up! I'm pretty sure children fall into the high-risk category (along with the elderly and people who have immune illnesses) so they get them for free! A lot of people are covered by their work benefits anyway though if not.. that's the case in Ontario anyway!

I'm going to be doing this every year for myself, and I'll see what the baby's doctor suggests when the time comes.

Certainly in the UK kids would not get it unless they had heart or lung problems, we don't have the chickenpox vaccine either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->