Flu

DebDeb85

Reaction score
So I'm away at a lake house this weekend and think I have the flu. :( Woke up with nausea and aching back and thought it was just morning sickness. I ate breakfast and ended up vomiting an hour or two later. I've been able to keep down some bread and have been trying to keep hydrated. I've had chills and aches. I'm fairly sure I'm running a fever, but not sure how high as we don't have a thermometer here.

If it's flu though, I don't think its a super awful case...

However, I'm very worried about baby! I'm just 6 weeks along.

Any advice? Think baby will be alright? :(

If you can at least keep yourself hydrated, baby will be fine. Some women get sick a few times a day for months and still have healthy babies. At 6 weeks baby is using up maybe 5 calories a day.

Tylenol is safe for pregnancy.

Thanks Dark Star!
I am home from our trip and trying to stay hydrated. My temp is around 99.5, no chills or body aches Tory. However, my stomach is a mess and I've had lots of awful trips to the bathroom today...diarrhea. :( Sorry for the tmi!
I called my OBGYN and spoke with the doctor on call. She thinks I'm on the tail end of whatever it was and thinks baby is okay since I'm not spotting. Also said that I can call tomorrow morning and maybe get an early sonogram. She said she isn't worried, but she is fine with ordering one for my peace of mind. I think I'm going to do it! I'm very nervous as this will be my first look at baby and I'm scared about all the bad possibilities! :(
Crazy crazy weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->