Fluffy bum questions for ladies with cloth wearing babies! =D

L

Love Bunny

Hey everyone :)

I've been looking into reusable nappies and I've decided that this is what I wanna go for when our lil lady gets here =D !

I want to start using from day one so that I and OH get used to it/baby gets used to it from the beginning - is this a good idea? Obviously if we are somewhere we can't wash our nappies for a long period of time we'll use disposables but other than that we wanna be full-time cloth bums =D

Hope I'm not jumping in at the deep end!

I've been looking at the pocket type reusables BumGenius 3.0 & the Blueberry one size's. I have already been given a mothercare smart nappy with liners/pads as a gift but its newborn size so won't last long! Will probably be washing every other day if that helps with numbers? :thumbup:

As they are the pocket types, how many individual nappys/inserts and liners do I need roughly?

Do I bang the whole lot in the wash or do I just wash the inserts/liners seperatly?

How much money have you saved since using re-usables?

How do I find out about the council incentive and what sort of things would they offer if they do?

We have a tumble dryer - is it more convenient/faster to use it or are they quick drying anyway? (thinking of saving more money! :dohh:)

Thanks ladies :hugs:

Looking forward to joining the club =D

xX

Hey hun, Just to say well done on deciding to use cloth! A lot of your questions should be answered by an ask a mum thread by MO3 - this is what I read when starting out and it really helped me get of to a good start! https://www.babyandbump.com/natural...um-uses-cloth-nappies-diapers-28-6-5-7-a.html

Welcome to the club!

Thanks for posting that link lot of usful info I have gathered!! Would still be great if someone could answer my Q's? Didn't understand alot in the thread :( Like - do you put the WHOLE nappy in WITH the insert still attached?! Or do you take it all apart...? What about liners? If you get flushable/disposibles does that mean you can just get rid of the rubiish on the liner then just bang the soiled insert & nappy in the wash??

Thanks =D would love for replies to my earlyer questions too? xxx

As they are the pocket types, how many individual nappys/inserts and liners do I need roughly?

I have AIOs but I know that pockets dry more quickly. The older your baby gets the less nappies you need, it starts off about 10 a day, goes down to about 6. I think. You will need inserts and liners for each nappy.

Do I bang the whole lot in the wash or do I just wash the inserts/liners seperatly?

Yeah they can all go in together!

How much money have you saved since using re-usables?

Loads, sposies cost sooo much, especially if you buy eco ones or a decent brand. We used them for the first week or two and I'm so glad we don't have to buy them now. Cloth nappies also have a great re-sale value, it is easy to sell them second hand. I have sold a lot of the ones I had when Freya was smaller and bought more Birth to Potty sizes, so I think I actually have made a bit back on what I spent at the beginning!

How do I find out about the council incentive and what sort of things would they offer if they do?

You need to either ring up your council or find out on their website, my council does a £30 cashback if you spend £50 on nappies thing.

We have a tumble dryer - is it more convenient/faster to use it or are they quick drying anyway? (thinking of saving more money! :dohh:)

Depends on the nappy, pockets dry faster than AIOs, bamboo is really absorbant but can take a while to dry, if you wash every day but have enough nappies for 2 days they have longer to dry, you can use airing cupboards, and outside on nice days.

:) Hope that helps a tiny bit. Any mre Qs, don't hesitate to ask!

:hugs:

Like - do you put the WHOLE nappy in WITH the insert still attached?! Or do you take it all apart...? What about liners? If you get flushable/disposibles does that mean you can just get rid of the rubiish on the liner then just bang the soiled insert & nappy in the wash??

I would take the nappy all apart (whatever kind it is) as it would wash better and dry quicker.

If you use flushable liners you chuck the manky bit down the toilet then put the nappy in your bucket or whatever with the others.

I use fleece liners but I did use flushables for a little while. I found they were good for runny newborn poo but are not necessary for us anymore. I bought OneLife ones as they are really soft.

:)

Thanks for the reply! Thats exactly what I needed! I'm a bit dim sometimes and need telling straight hahaha and all the websites talk like you should know what your doing! ooo i didnt know you could get reusable liners! All this re-usable nappy stuff is awesome =D I'm so glad I found it! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->