Fluid around the brain...possibly hydropcephlaus.Update. Page 2.

Hi

I have been following your thread and thought that I would share my story.

Izzy was born Dec 07 weighing a whopping 10lb 9oz , her HC was 38cm at birth. At her 6 week check it had gone up to 42cm! We were refered to the paediatician at our local hospital where it was found she had enlarged lateral ventricles- they gave us a diagnosis of Benign External Hydrocephalus (BEH). We were also refered to a Neurosurgeon who agreed with the diagnosis and stated that apart from requiring a larger hat if she was to become a model there would be no other problems!!!!!!

Izzy is now just over 2 and developmentally she is fine, even a little brighter than her peers.She still has a big head but as she a big girl anyway!

I hope this may help you as I remember being so worried at the time before diagnosis.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?aid=144827&id=678186337

If you would like to see some pics of Izzy now I have posted a link above.

HTH

Love Ellie xx

Hi

I have been following your thread and thought that I would share my story.

Izzy was born Dec 07 weighing a whopping 10lb 9oz , her HC was 38cm at birth. At her 6 week check it had gone up to 42cm! We were refered to the paediatician at our local hospital where it was found she had enlarged lateral ventricles- they gave us a diagnosis of Benign External Hydrocephalus (BEH). We were also refered to a Neurosurgeon who agreed with the diagnosis and stated that apart from requiring a larger hat if she was to become a model there would be no other problems!!!!!!

Izzy is now just over 2 and developmentally she is fine, even a little brighter than her peers.She still has a big head but as she a big girl anyway!

I hope this may help you as I remember being so worried at the time before diagnosis.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?aid=144827&id=678186337

If you would like to see some pics of Izzy now I have posted a link above.

HTH

Love Ellie xx

Thank you for your story, It was nice to hear something positive.

A few questions, how long did the neurosurgeon follow Izzy. Do you know where her head is on the growth charts at this point?

I think my situation is a bit different, since Jack has had two different brain bleeds plus the extra fluid as well as torritcollis and placelogeonaly.

Thanks again for sharing!

The doctors think Izzy's Increased head size may have happened due to a traumatic birth! Her head is 2cm above the 98th centile and has remained there since 6 weeks! She is now being followed up yearly by the paediatricians.

I have confirmed you as a friend on facebook.

I also have a 7 month old baby girl.

Please continue to ask any questions that you feel are relevent.

Love Ellie xx

I have just read your story. You are such a great mom. Hope everything works out well for Jack and your family. Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->