Fluid in pelvis

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
Hi girls I was in hospital last week with a kidney infection before knowing I was pregnant. Whilst there they did an external ultrasound and found fluid in my pelvis. They put this down to a recent ruptured ovarian cyst or producing too many follicles last month and one bursting. They weren't overly worried about it though but just thought it strange on cd25 when they would normally expect to see that just before or during ovulation.

Should I be worried that it could affect this pregnancy or could it just of been the start of pregnancy / implantation???

I had fluid and bleeding in my pelvis very early on in this pregnancy 3/4 weeks. It was from OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation) due to my IVF it was due to my follicles (I had 40!!) releasing fluid.

I'm now 11+1 with a healthy baby.

I was in agony and on morphine because of my pain it was that bad.

I had fluid and bleeding in my pelvis very early on in this pregnancy 3/4 weeks. It was from OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation) due to my IVF it was due to my follicles (I had 40!!) releasing fluid.

I'm now 11+1 with a healthy baby.

I was in agony and on morphine because of my pain it was that bad.

Whereabouts was your pain???

All over my stomach but I also had ovarian torsion due to my ovaries being the size of melons.

I was also getting the fluid and the protein from my blood pooling into my abdominal cavity. I was very very ill.

I was treated for a severe kidney infection although the tests came back negative?
Can't help but be really worried?!

You can't get OHSS unless you've had IVF or been on fertility medication (stimulation injections/clomid).

Oh no sorry I don't think I've got that but just really want to know if the fluid is something to worry about? They didn't know I was pregnant at the time

Well I had fluid and everything was fine so that's what I was trying to say.

I wouldn't worry too much.

Spoke to my doc today and he has booked me an app with midwife as she may want to book an early scan?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->