Fluid leaking at 29 weeks

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
I've been experiencing some sort of fluid leaking from down below, it's not discharge I don't think as all my discharge has been white in colour sorry for the tmi!

So yesterday I put a pad on and it was quite wet after a few hours, I've been ok through the night, no more fluid but this morning I've had quite a bit more and if I don't put in a pad it wets my leggings to the point where I feel very uncomfortable I need to change.

I've not had any pain just mild period like cramps every now and again but they aren't painful.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm wondering if I should call the midwife or hospital or something?

Any advice is appreciated thank you ladies x

I would definitely call your midwife/labour and delivery department. Did you notice any kind of smell?
Xx

I'd definitely call the hospital and go in to be checked.. The only way they'll know if it's fluid is by taking a swab.

Watery discharge is common and I know if I don't wear a pad all day every day I end up soaking my knickers! So it could just be that. But if it IS a break in your waters, it can replenish/seal up. Some women have a little leak early on and end up carrying baby to term.

All the best, I hope everything is fine! :flower:

I would definitely call your midwife/labour and delivery department. Did you notice any kind of smell?
Xx

Yes it has a smell too it, is hard to explain the smell, it's not a horrible smell at all, kind of sweet maybe.

We've been away visiting family all weekend we are heading back home now so will call when I get home I think xx

Sweet smelling could be your waters, definitely get checked I would call asap to give them the heads up to expect you.
Xx

Iv just popped over to have a read mummy.
I had this feeling a couple of days ago when I was on my feet alot but it's definitely worth giving a call if your concerned xxx

I would defo call! When my waters went mine was just a trickle I never had the gush. They trickled for 29hrs before I had the drip done to start contractions. Had to stay in a further 12hrs after baby was born as a high risk of infection. Thankfully she was ok! But being the gestation you are at its defo worth a call. Good luck x

I echo the other posters. Definitely get it checked, especially if it's a bit sweet smelling.

Fingers crossed it's nothing :) best to call when you don't need to than not call when you should have in my book.

Hope everything is ok mummy xx

yes I'd definitely call L&D and get it checked out. Hope all is ok :hugs::hugs:

I agree with the pp's. I would just call to see what they say. Hope everything goes well hun.

Yea defo give midwife or hospital a call. Let us know

Definitely get checked. I had a leak in my waters at 30 weeks, they had a very sweet smell. Midwife said must have been some of hind waters coming away xx

Hi ladies thanks for the messages.

Well I called the hospital and the mw was a bit rude, she asked me if I thought it was my waters so I told her I had no idea, then she said 'so you don't think it's your waters then' I said 'I have no idea that's why I thought i would call for advice'

She then proceeded to tell me it's most likley just extra discharge and to put in a pad, and she said if it was my waters then it would be a constant trickle.

She made me feel like I shouldn't have called. :(

That's shocking! As the baby's head could act as a plug & only when moving would it allow some water out! That exactly what happened to me. Just over a week ago. She really is giving midwife a bad name as it meant to mean with woman. That's not being reassuring at all! Maybe call back & ask to speak to someone else x

Yep, I was so angry! She is certainly in the wrong type of job.

I think I'm going to wait an hour or so and call back again then hopefully I will get a better midwife to advise me x

id puthe pad on hun and then call back in an hour when its wet.. then they have something to test when you get there :hugs: I hope its just discharge hun.. i get A LOT of discharge right now to the point of soaking my knickers so have started to were light pads x

That's really awful, she should have said there's a test that they can do to see if it is.
Xx

I know I was so upset after getting off the phone!

I'm going to see how I get on in the next hour and then call back.

Thank you ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->