• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fluid leaking at 29 weeks

She def sound really rude. You should be able to call with a concern without them making you feel like ure asking a stupid question smdh. She might wanna consider her profession if she's not gonna have any consideration for her patients.

Stalking. I hope you get better advice and all is well.

How are you making out Mummy? Your story sounded very suspicious for waters. :hugs:

I was silently following along, as you received plenty of great advice from these lovely ladies. Then I saw your post about the midwife's reaction to your concern. That is just obnoxious! If you showed any signs of being unsure, most people would have asked you to come in. I'm sorry that was your experience :hugs:

Please keep us posted when you can, and I hope the next call proves to be more helpful

Hi ladies. Thank you for the messages.

I have been ok through out the night I got to bed early and just rested, no more leakage but like I said to the midwife I am not a midwife and I've no idea what's normal and what's not so if I pass anymore fluid this morning I will call again and this time I will hopefully be greeted with a nice professional midwife.

Well now I have just typed that out above, I hopped out of bed to get ready to take my daughter to nursery and a bit more fluid came away.

I will defiantly call again :)

Let us know what they say mummy xx

I hope you have more luck, you might need to be a bit more insistent with them.
Xx

Hopefully you will get a better mw today. If it's the same one just ask to speak to a more senior mw or ward sister. If that doesn't help & she is still rude. Then call the hospital switch board & ask to speak to th duty hospital manager. Good luck xx

Did you manage to call somebody? If not hun I would just go straight down to DAU and tell them, take your pad if necessary and they can check for you if it's your waters. Amino fluid does smell sweet so don't let them just fob you off. Good luck :flower:

Hi ladies well I've had no more so I haven't called yet. I'm resting with my feet up and I'm going to get a bubble bath in a while. I've not needed to wear a pad so that's a good thing. I also have my routine midwife appointment tomorrow.

If you get any more leakage like that, I would go in and not just call. They can do a quick swab and a scan to check if it is fluid, and to see your fluid levels.

Drink A LOT of fluids just in case, and put your feet up whenever possible.
If you do go in, wear or bring the wet pad/liner, they can usually swab that.

Yeah, I get tons of cervical mucus, the point where my underwear is almost always wet (TMI, sorry), but it never feels like leaking. It is just constantly happening. I'd say, if you are feeling leaking, it's reason enough to head in. As a matter of fact, I'm supposed to go in whether labor seems to have started or not if my water breaks.

Feet up is a wonderful idea though in the mean time. But like I said, I'm worried you'll get the same weird mw who will turn you away if you just call, and this sounds like your waters.

Thank you for all the advice ladies. I have an appointment with my midwife this afternoon so I will mention it to her too.

How did you get on mummy? I had this a fee weeks ago, turn out it's urine and baby is pressing down on my bladder, some days there's loads others nothing, just depends how low she's lying x

Hi Helly :hi:

How are you doing Hun?

I've had nothing since just usual discharge! Thank goodness.

Hope everything's ok with you and baby :)

Hi Helly :hi:

How are you doing Hun?

I've had nothing since just usual discharge! Thank goodness.

Hope everything's ok with you and baby :)

Hey hun, I've been so busy moving into our new house, been in a few weeks now but because it's a new estate we've got no tv or internet yes as virgin haven't been to connect everyone and we are the first people in the street so not been able to get on here. It's been stressful lol.

Apart from that all is good, I'm on pre eclampsia watch as have protein in my urine, headaches and badly swollen ankles but Bp is fine atm. Also may have to have a c section at 39 weeks as my placenta is covering the os and the midwife doesn't think it will move, got a scan on 21st November.

Hope things are well with you xxx

Oh my goodness, sorry your dealing with this helly. Do you have a date for your section yet? Xx

Oh my goodness, sorry your dealing with this helly. Do you have a date for your section yet? Xx

Not yet, got a scan at 34weeks to see if it has moved but the midwife seemed pretty sure it wouldn't, if it hasn't they'll give me a date then, my midwife seems to think it will be around the 28th December which will make me 39 weeks but because I went into Labour with Katie at 38 they might try and do it around 37 depending on her size x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->