Flying and early pregnancy

mercedes2010

Mom of two girls!!
Reaction score
It may sound strange but I am paranoid after having a MC...so here goes. If I conceive this cycle or next, it is more than likely I will be on a plane around the time of my BFP. Is this bad? Does flying increase the chance of another MC?

I heard that women who are near their due date should not fly (for obvious reasons) but what about early pregnancy??? Any experiences with this?

glad you wrote this hun im flying in 2 weeks and hopefully will get preggo soon xxxx

Mercedes

I'm in the same situation if I conceive this cycle. OH and I have booked a holiday, we go on 6th July which is around the time I expect AF (great timing eh :dohh:). However, this is my first proper cycle after mc so god only knows how long my cycle will be but I used to average around 31 days which would mean July 5th for AF to arrive. We are only going away for a week though and I would think flying is ok very early on :shrug: It's not going to stop me TTC this month anyway x

Make sure you get up and stretch and walk around every hour. If for some reason you have a clotting disorder that you don't know about yet, sitting for long periods of time without getting up can cause clots. When pregnant this can cause clots in the placenta. But, as long as you are getting up and moving around every so often, it should be fine.

Totally fine - I flew at 6 weeks with ds.

Just take the usual precautions for flying - move around and drink LOTS of water so you don't get dehydrated.

I flew at 6wks with my daughter. All fine. Like they say, move around and stay hydrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->