Flying tips please

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
we are flying overseas to america on this week and i would love some tips from you girls who have flown with babies this young.
what to do about earache?
where to change the baby on the plane?
how to sleep with the baby on the plane?
and this one i am desperate for help with:
how to deal with jet lag ( we are in for 8 hours behind us time difference) but we are on a night flight so i am hoping that will help???
:plane:

we are flying overseas to america on this week and i would love some tips from you girls who have flown with babies this young.
what to do about earache? Get the baby to suck either a dummy or bottle on take-off/landing or bf if you do :)
where to change the baby on the plane? I changed Katie on my knee, there was a change-table in the loo but the whole room is so small I gave it a misshow to sleep with the baby on the plane? is this you sleeping? or baby? I didnt sleep and katie lay across my knee/her dads' knee and slept, there were no spare seats on our flight; you could ask what availability of seats there are at check-inand this one i am desperate for help with:
how to deal with jet lag ( we are in for 8 hours behind us time difference) but we are on a night flight so i am hoping that will help???
:plane: My only advice is to get rest in the morning and sort of reverse your body clock that you sleep soon after you get there

There's another thread that just went around similar to this, but I'll answer your questions. :) I just went through this same exact thing!

8 hour delay there (flying to the US) was a breeze. I just put her to sleep as late as possible. She woke up around 4 each morning for the first 2 or 3 days, but after that, she was back to waking up at 7-7:30. Coming back was more difficult. We got back a week ago, and she's just now in her normal sleeping pattern. It wasn't so bad as I was jetlagged too, so at 3am, she'd be jumping in her jumperoo and I'd be on here. :rofl: Bring something with you from his bed so that he feels more secure. In terms of schedule, I stuck to her normal schedule on the flight and when I landed, I switched her to the time we were at (so she would have dinner at the correct time to where we were, etc).

Earache wasn't a problem. I fed once going up and once going down, but other times that we landed and took off, she refused to eat and doesn't take a dummy so she had nothing and her ears didn't seem to bother her.

Call the airline in advance and ask for a bassinet. You can check seatguru.com and look at your airline and airplane (it tells you what airplane you're flying) and it will show you where the bassinets are. I say check seatguru.com because I was told on the flight out I had a bassinet and when I got on the plane they had given me a seat that wouldn't allow for a bassinet. Stupid United Airlines. I hope you don't have them as they're completely useless and incompetent, but I digress.......

If you can't get a bassinet, at least get the bulkhead or try to get put next to an empty seat. Marlie slept just fine in the empty seat next to me.

Also, the flight out was in the middle of the day and Marlie wanted to play, so I went to the back and set out some blankets and some of her toys and she had a great old time. She loved all the attention from everyone who would say hi to her to, so that really helped!

thanks all the tips are great ladies, i am still worried about the nappy changing tho..

There's another thread that just went around similar to this, but I'll answer your questions. :) I just went through this same exact thing!

8 hour delay there (flying to the US) was a breeze. I just put her to sleep as late as possible. She woke up around 4 each morning for the first 2 or 3 days, but after that, she was back to waking up at 7-7:30. Coming back was more difficult. We got back a week ago, and she's just now in her normal sleeping pattern. It wasn't so bad as I was jetlagged too, so at 3am, she'd be jumping in her jumperoo and I'd be on here. :rofl: Bring something with you from his bed so that he feels more secure. In terms of schedule, I stuck to her normal schedule on the flight and when I landed, I switched her to the time we were at (so she would have dinner at the correct time to where we were, etc).

Earache wasn't a problem. I fed once going up and once going down, but other times that we landed and took off, she refused to eat and doesn't take a dummy so she had nothing and her ears didn't seem to bother her.

Call the airline in advance and ask for a bassinet. You can check seatguru.com and look at your airline and airplane (it tells you what airplane you're flying) and it will show you where the bassinets are. I say check seatguru.com because I was told on the flight out I had a bassinet and when I got on the plane they had given me a seat that wouldn't allow for a bassinet. Stupid United Airlines. I hope you don't have them as they're completely useless and incompetent, but I digress.......

If you can't get a bassinet, at least get the bulkhead or try to get put next to an empty seat. Marlie slept just fine in the empty seat next to me.

Also, the flight out was in the middle of the day and Marlie wanted to play, so I went to the back and set out some blankets and some of her toys and she had a great old time. She loved all the attention from everyone who would say hi to her to, so that really helped!

United is what we're flying down to Dallas than switch to American :dohh:

Oh no. I'm sure the United Canadian employees are better than here. :blush:
Good luck!! The flight attendants are much better than the desk staff.

QUOTE=Vickie;1219724]

United is what we're flying down to Dallas than switch to American :dohh:[/QUOTE]

I hope so :lol: Ah well not much we can do now. I'm sure it will be okay *fingers crossed*

hey girls flight was good, we took on the car seat and got 3 seats in a row, the baby slept amazingly and was soo good. people even commented on how good he was. i changed him in the bathroom which had a changing table above the toilet. it was a delta flight and the staff were lovely. much better experience than i thought it would be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->