Folic acid question

miss_divine

Anya's Mummy <3
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Just a quick question. I'm taking 400mcg of Folic acid on it's own, but I've just bought Vegetarian Multivitamins that contain 200mcg of Folic Acid, as well as vitamins I need.

So I need to know if I can take both? Or is this too much Folic Acid?

xx

This doesn't like too much at all. The minimum recommended is 400 but more than that is fine to take. I've heard others say they take 800. Have a read here - https://liweddings.com/chat/topic-216025-1.html

i just take normal folic acid,but if ive had ttc vits with folic acid in ive taken that only x

That thread is great, thanks for that :)

I'll just take both, looks like it can't hurt, hehe.
xx

You can't really take too much folic acid. When TTC I take 5mg (twelve times the amount in OTC FA pills) because my daughter has Spina Bifida :)

I don't think you can ever take too much folic acid x

I think I read somewhere that any excess Folic acid is removed from your body in your urine so I don't think you should worry :)

I take a prenatal with folic acid AND a folic acid +DHA supplement. But I was taking the folic acid supplement by itself months ago because my psychiatrist suggested it for my bipolar. I don't think it hurts though, since women with a higher risk factor for neural tube defects take a lot more than that.

My RE prescribed (yes prescribed) 1000 mcg folic acid along with prenatals that have 800 mcg folic acid, so I would say what you're taking is definitely not too much. :flower:

Wow, definitely okay then, hehe! Thank you ladies ^_^
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back