Folk should just SHUT UP ahhhhhh!!!!!

thethomsons

Reaction score
So we are at father in laws today and he starts going on about how he really hopes we are having a girl. We secretly know we are having another little boy though haven't told anyone and I feel so flat that he said what he did. I replied, 'well I hope you are not disappointed' and he never said anything.

First of all I can't control what I'm having, secondly I can't wait to meet my lovely little blue bundle and three why can't folk keep their opinions to their selves!????

Maybe I'm hormonal but he's made me feel flat as a pancake :/(

Xx

People are a$$holes. Congrats on your beautiful blue bundle!

Everyone has opinions when it comes to pregnancy and babies! Much more so than at any time else!

Before I found out I was having a blue (which I wanted). I had all the 'but you should want a girl' WHY the hell should I?! STFU!!

Big hugs!

He'll love your baby just as soon as he sees him! And will not be disappointed at all!

Totally understand...

Everyone assumed I wanted a girl coz I'm a girl? Like wtf? Lol

I actually wanted a boy coz after having two girls as step children and a step son we don't see as frequently I really did not care in the slightest but was leaning if anything more towards a boy because we have done absolutely everything with the girls and would be nice...

We got a boy and so many people were like "oh your first wouldn't u have wanted a girl"

To which I now respond with "no actually... I desperately wanted a boy because of how high maitenence most women are"
Lol
Again totally bogus coz if it was a girl i would have been over the moon too but I can't stand gender disappointment... Especially when the baby isn't freaking yours!!!

Totally understand...

Everyone assumed I wanted a girl coz I'm a girl? Like wtf? Lol

I actually wanted a boy coz after having two girls as step children and a step son we don't see as frequently I really did not care in the slightest but was leaning if anything more towards a boy because we have done absolutely everything with the girls and would be nice...

We got a boy and so many people were like "oh your first wouldn't u have wanted a girl"

To which I now respond with "no actually... I desperately wanted a boy because of how high maitenence most women are"
Lol
Again totally bogus coz if it was a girl i would have been over the moon too but I can't stand gender disappointment... Especially when the baby isn't freaking yours!!!

Totally feel the same!! So protective of our new lovely blue bundles already!

That's an awful attitude to have, I'd be hurt too and probably wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut.

I don't know why people feel they can air their opinions on pregnant women..whether its about gender or size or what you are eating :growlmad:

I am actually team pink but i just do not understand the whole gender disappointment thing, after 2 years ttc and 2 mcs I was so happy to be having a healthy baby I really did not care if it was pink or blue I just felt so blessed that I was finally going to be a mommy!

I want a boy:blush: but the devil I know is girls, so I'm happy either way! When I found out my 1st was a girl (at 40+ weeks) I had wanted a boy so desperately and my mother spent months shooting off her mouth about how "I told you it was a girl, I told you, I told you, blahblahblah...":growlmad: I decided never again to find out, and now when someone gets mouthy, I just tell them to watch their step or I won't tell them what it is, even after it's born.:brat:

It's other people that tend to give others gender disappointment. My father in law would say the same. It made me feel awful.. Like hello it's YOUR son that decides. NOT ME. It was then that I decided not to find out the sex of our baby. Hasn't stopped the comments but atleast when baby comes I'll be too loved up with my baby to give a shit about other people's disappointment.

Having two girls, I knew everyone would be hinting at this baby being a boy. We decided to find out this time so we could stop everyone in their tracks. We are having another girl and although I had a couple of hours when I felt a little downhearted I am now looking forward to meeting my little girl in 20 days!
Had I not found out and been open with everyone, I think there would be more chance of gender disappointment becoming a problem - not because of other people though, I think GD comes from within.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->