Follicle Scan = Corpus Luteum

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by OrchidMist, May 31, 2011.

1. OrchidMist

OrchidMist Active Member

I have PCOS and have been ttc for 2 years now and this is my day so far. OK so today was cd 17, this cycle I took 1500mg Metformin, Prenatal Vitamins, 1 Tsp of Honey and Cinnamon, 100mg Clomid Days 5-9. I went for my follicle tracking on a 33day cycle and when they did the ultrasound they said that I already ovulated judging by the Corpus Luteum on the left side. I was soooo very confused :shrug: for a couple reasons.
    1. I have never ever in the two years that I have been trying to concieve ovulated without the HCG injection.

2. I have a 33 day cycle and to have already ovulated wouldnt the follies have been really small. Usually at day 17 Im still at like 17-19 mm

3. Thank God we were doing SMEM this cycle with Pree Seed and Soft cups since Day 8, but Im just confused on when I actually ovulated what if we miss it :dohh:

We are going to DB :sex: tonight again, but I just dont know what to think
    It should be good news that I ovulated on my own rather then with the trigger, but Im totally bummed that I may have missed my window !!!! This is our last allowed cycle of Clomid before moving on to an IUI.

This cycle we went all out to get out :bfp: but now I just feel that we missed our chance we were all prepared and now Im just lost....

Anyone had a similar situation ? Just looking for a little postive spin on my good/bad news from this morning

2. ceejie

ceejie Well-Known Member

I don't know what to say...

I have PCOS as well, 1500mg Metformin, not on Clomid yet. I have ov once, second cycle of Metformin and I got pg...unfortunately I MC'd.

But, there was once cycle before when I went that they did an ultrasound for follicles and the dr said I had a perfect follicle ready to drop and to DTD asap and as much as possible for the next few days. Of course we did, and I was super excited. Well, weeks later after a BFN I went back for another scan...the same "follicle" was there, it was actually a cyst, but sometimes it's hard to tell the difference on an ultrasound.... I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but sometimes they make mistakes when reading the scans.

Anyways, best of luck to you!! I really hope you get your BFP. I love to see other PCOS'ers succeed!

3. OrchidMist

OrchidMist Active Member

That is actually exactly what I was thinking, What if this Corpus Luteum cyst is just a really big regular cyst :(. I dont know, we DTD last night just in case it is true, Im thinking if this is not the month I will just get the OKP and try that who knows maybe with the metformin Im ovulating now and we wont have to worry :) Thanks for the responds and best of luck to you !!!!

4. ceejie

ceejie Well-Known Member

Hopefully for you it was a follicle!!

I have to ask...what is the honey & cinnamon for????

Thanks & good luck!

5. OrchidMist

OrchidMist Active Member

I went to an acuputureist and it is suppose to help with your CM and blood flow to your uterus. Hopefully it helps :)