follow on milk.

jacobs mummy

mum of 1
Reaction score
HI...

Is follow on milk a waste of money? i've had jacob on it since his 8 month check up. (he's 10 months old now) everyone keeps telling me it's awaste of money and to put him on fresh. But i just don't know! My health worker practically throwned on me for not putting him on it at 6 months. I was still giving him SMA Gold at the time, but since i've put him on SMA Red...

Is this just HW being a nag or is it really benefitting him?

x

Harley had the first cow and gate milk untill he was 11months then he went straight on to cows milk

ps what was your username on the other forum? :)

my HV told me not to touch follow on milk as your baby should get their iron from their food and not need follow on milk. he was also going on about how it clogs uo some babies digestivew system with crap.

my name on the old forum was hayley... Amanda (tankett) told me about this site.. so i thought i'd log on and see what everyone is up to. I've got loads to catch up on. Helens twins... cat's little boy! any more planned for you Dione?

Been giving jacob fresh milk with his weetabix... taking him away in Septemebr so might change him to fresh.. it'll be so much easier.
x

i put Ewan on to cows milk from 11 months and he was breast fed till 9 months then he had sma follow on milk.

owwwww that hayley :hi: you ok hun

i knew straight away who you were when i seen yopur avatar on pf lol

how comes u left pf?

just never get the time to go on.. then i heard a lot of people had moved to this site so i followed.. been busy with young jacob. Need to spend an hour catching up thou! see who's trying, who's recently had another, etc...

Anyway hello :hi: :hi: :hi: to everyone who rememebrs me.. gonna try and log on in my dinner hour to catch up.

h x

hiya hun!!!

Im gonna put maddie on fresh now i think ...

She no likey Cow&Gate stage 3 :(

xxx

Charlie had bad reflux, so he was on C & G Comfort. I've switched to Comfort 2 about a month ago, but that was more of a test to see how he got on with another type of milk than anything. He's doing fine, and has been having cows milk on his cereal, and also in his beaker as a drink, but his morning and night bottles are both stiill formula.

I was told that you shouldn't give cows milk as a drink until they are one????

Oh, and don't start blaming me for pointing you here Hayley!! :blush: I know you'd have found us all eventually!! :rofl:

Babies not ment to have cows milk to drink till they are a year old ...

Cooking is fine but not to drink

xxx

I've just realised that I have contradicted myself above! :dohh:

I said I give Charlie milk in a beaker as a drink, but I had heard that you shouldn't give them milk as a drink until they're 1 !!! :dohh:

What I meant was....... Charlie has his formula milk in a bottle when he wakes, and another bottle before he goes bed. During the day, he'll have a beaker of water to drink. But occassionally I will give him a small drink of cows milk in his beaker, but it's usually as an accompiament to food. Should that be formula too? He seems to like it ice-cold and you can't make the comfort up and store it - it seperates if you cool it.

I gave Ewan cows milk to drink from 11 months i figured a few weeks wouldnt make much difference. he was eating a varied diet and he has been fine.

Not sure about the follow on milk but I was confused at what age they are allowed to drink cows milk so I asked the paediatrician who said their digestive systems can cope with the cows milk it's just that you aren't supposed to make it their main drink (e.g in place of a breastfeed or a bottle) until they are 12 months or older as it isn't as nutrional as breastmilk or formula. Giving them some cows milk in a beaker is fine before 12 months. Likewise if you feel they get a full and varied diet then replacing breastfeeds/bottles with cows milk just before 12 months would be ok too (IMO)

Sings *All by myself..... don't wanna be..... all by myself*

https://bestsmileys.com/paranoid/3.gif

:rofl:

Rebecca is 17 months nearly-she is on SMA progress. She isnt keen on cows milk as her main, but guzzles all the Staydown.

Im not sure what benefit it is to them but its what she likes for just now :dohh:

xxx

I can't give maddie lala dairy so im screwed pmsl!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->