Food budget!

We spend about £60 with Tesco delivary - which is tinned foods, fruit juices, water, house stuff and cat food etc. Then I spend about £20 in the greengrocers at the beginning of the week, and about £20 at the Butchers. Other weeks I will spend less in the butchers and will buy fish from our local market instead.

we spend quite a bit on shopping as everything we eat is fresh... i had nothing in my freezer but meat and frozen veg!!! plus i make rhys' babyfood so that puts the veg up a bit. usually i spend around £70 and that includes nappies and formula. fruit and veg is very expensive around here and colin is a bit of a fruit addict so i have to buy loads. for eg. a punnet of blackberrys(v.small) £1.99 i buy 2 punnets, punnet of blueberrys(v.small) £1.79 punnet of strawberrys £2.99 so it all adds up im afraid!!!!!!!!!!!

Now Im no longer PG and mobile again (Hurrah) Im back to shopping at local shops instead of Asda. I have a small co-op, butchers, greengrocers and chemist round the corner from me so I go shopping every 2 days, that gets me out the house and takes the kids out and we swing by the park too.

I budget £75 a week but we dont tend to hit this most weeks. And I dont begrudge it when Im buying nice fresh local produce instead of rubbish supermarket food where the veg has already lost most of its nutritional value. Plus I find I have a lot less wastage as instead of buying great big bags of carrots and potatoes etc that end up going bad before they all get used, I pick out the amount of veg I need for each meal, plus I am supporting local farmers and businesses. Plus I dont waste money on impulse buys as much as I would in the supermarket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->