Food diary

Vicks

Reaction score
We've just started weaning Joe on baby rice & puree's this week and since he was born have kept a daily log of what time he has bottles, how much he takes, when he poo's etc.

I've been noting down how much he has of his puree's and what on each day. Is this necessary? I am a list maker in general and like to keep track of stuff (darn OCD :dohh:) but worried I could have pages for each day at this rate!!!

I don't do this and haven't heard of it before, so I wouldn't have thought it was necessary unless you are concerned about allergies or something. I know if it was me, I'd just get more stressed out. If it doesn't worry you, there's no harm in it but is it going to be particularly useful though?

I do lots of lists Vicks!!! We have just started trying to up Izzy's food to three meals, and cut down her milk a bit, so yep the list making has started again!!!! I think if it makes u calmer and happier keep doing it x

I don't do lists for these kinds of things. I was very tempted in the early days of bfing to keep track of how often she was feeding etc but I find if I start anything like this, I get very obsessed with it and then I'll go over the notes and worry that she hasn't had much today in comparison to yesterday etc etc. If you think you can do it without getting too obsessed then no harm, otherwise I'd say try to just trust baby to take as much as is needed :D

i think you might drive yourself a little crazy with this, esp as babies can be very fickle and eat lots one day very little the next,love something one day and won't touch it the next etc-as for poo..... I'd try and relax a little, weaning can be stressful enough without adding your own dimension of stress-that said if its keeps stress levels down then thats fine! I know you joked about ocd but it is the kind of thing that can become obsessive and thats not healthy for you or baby,xx take a deep breath and step away from the notepad xx

Thanks girls. I know I need to relax a little with the lists, but how do you keep track of how much they had and when? Maybe it's just my paranoid little mind working overtime!!

Unfortunately my OCD is centred around checking, so having a list makes me panic less as I can see it written down, I just wondered if anyone else did it.

I feel like if Alice is gaining weight and is happy in herself, then it doesn't matter too much to me how much she eats. I really don't think there's anything wrong in writing it down though so long as it makes you feel better and not more stressed by it all. Happy mum makes for a happy baby!

To be honest, I didn't focus on how much my LO had and when, I just trusted her to take as much as she needed and knew it could be very different from one day to the next xxx

We've just started weaning Joe on baby rice & puree's this week and since he was born have kept a daily log of what time he has bottles, how much he takes, when he poo's etc.

I've been noting down how much he has of his puree's and what on each day. Is this necessary? I am a list maker in general and like to keep track of stuff (darn OCD :dohh:) but worried I could have pages for each day at this rate!!!

Bloody hell Vicks! Talk about OCD!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: you sound like me with my filIng cabinet at work... i get loads of stick for that.

If you can, just write down when you introduce new foods - dont introduce any thing new for 2 - 3 days, and make a note if there was any adverse reaction (sure you know this :blush:)

I really wouldn't worry about writing down how much he has eaten. He will take different amounts from one day to the next, but its all normal and fine. At the end of the day he's still getting his milk. Your doing great Vicks.

xx

p.s, you can keep hold of your diary till he has his first girllfriend, take it out and show her all the times he took a poo.... that will be a great way to torture him in his teens! :haha:

Thanks girlies!! I'm gonna try without the food/milk/poo diary tomorrow....eeek, wish me luck!!

Ps. Great idea about keeping the poo diary to show his girlfriends!!

Thanks girlies!! I'm gonna try without the food/milk/poo diary tomorrow....eeek, wish me luck!!

Ps. Great idea about keeping the poo diary to show his girlfriends!!

Hiya, just to let you know that i do this - am trying v. hard to stop now that bubs is being weaned - its a disaster trying to keep track - my boy is 17lbs+ and happy so I guess I will just have to trust him - Im def going to get him weighed every fortnight just to make sure im not doing something wrong - its an insecurity thing. xx

I have a diary of the first 4 months of LOs life, with every bottle time and how much he took, nap times and lengths, and in the first few weeks nappy changes!
I thought I might end up doing something similar when we started weaning, but I haven't. It does become an obsession when you start it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->