food diary

The food is definatly masively improving, but yeah the lack of fluid is a major concern still. Ifind shock tactics are a great way of getting people to improve the way they eat, so are you ready . . .

Water is essential to the normal working of your body. It lubricates the joints and eyes, aids digestion, flushes out waste and toxins and keeps skin healthy.
Dehydration occurs when the normal water content of your body is reduced. This leads to a change in the vital balance of chemical substances in your body, especially sodium (salt) and potassium. In order to function properly, many of the body's cells depend on these substances being maintained at the correct levels.
Even though your body is mainly made up of water, the amount of water in your body only has to decrease by a few per cent, for dehydration to occur. The effects of dehydration can be serious and, in extreme circumstances, they can be fatal.
If dehydration is chronic (ongoing) it can affect kidney function and may lead to the development of kidney stones. It can cause dry, wrinkled skin and be harmful to your liver, joints and muscles. It can also cause cholesterol problems, headaches, reduced blood pressure (hypotension), fatigue and constipation.
dry mouth (xerostomia),
chapped or dry lips,
dry eyes,
dry, loose skin with a lack of elasticity,
sunken features, particularly the eyes (enophthalmos),
clammy hands and feet,
headaches,
light-headedness,
dizziness,
tiredness,
confusion and irritability,
loss of appetite,
burning sensation in your stomach, feeling of an 'empty stomach' or abdominal pain,
low urine output, and concentrated, dark urine with a strong odour.

ive had 2 glasses of juice and a cup of tea lol...

2 cigerettes for me isnt bad at all!!!

:shock: cat....

oh my gosh....

will try harder i promise !!!!!!!!!!!!!

yesterday i had

breakfast: baked beans on toast and a cup of tea

lunch: baked potato with salad and cup of tea

dinner: chicken pie with brocolli, cauliflour and gravy

3 bottles of water and 4 cigerettes

breakfast: toast and bottle of water

lunch: beef wrap with salad, can of diet coke and packet of crisps

dinner: chicken with mashed potato and veg (dont know what yet as i havent cooked it!)

ive also had a glass of orange juice(tropicana) 2 glasses of high juice and one cigerette

yay me for drinking more!

Terry thats brilliant, a massive improvment in food and drink!!

Keep up the good work!

Terrie ...

I have a problem with one of my kidneys and one of the factors that contributed to this was the fact i never used to drink enough ... this in turn caused me to have constant water infections and the only time i drank was to take the tablet ... it got so bad i used to urinate blood insead of water because my bladder was contracting and there was nothing there to release.
I now have a perminate problem and am on medication ....
Please be aware of your fluid intake ... it can cause lasting damage, this in turn can complicate pregnancy i just wish i had have taken advice when i was giveni t by friends/family and doctors years ago would have saved me alot of UTI's and hospital admissions!
Take care hun and goduck with your goal ... just don't crash diet

xxx

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back