Food for midwives and Pool liners? (2 questions!)

hastbury

Mam to a Welsh Wolfcub x
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm ready to go for my homebirth (due next Friday for what it's worth!) however there are two things I'm still mulling over that I thought you ladies on here would be able to shed light on:

- What did you get in for the midwives to eat/drink, if anything? I asked at my HB booking appt and she diplomatically said 'oh, don't worry about us, just the odd cup of tea.' I think I'd still like to offer something though - any suggestions? Thing is, me and OH don't have dairy, very little gluten, refined sugar etc so biscuits and things are just not things we have in the house, otherwise I would just offer them to share ours!

- What would you say the value of using a liner for the pool is? I didn't initially order one (pool is La Bassine and brand new) then spotted an unopened one going cheap on ebay so bought it, and am now wondering again whether it's worth using?

thanks in advance for your thoughts....:)

A liner means you would be able to lend your pool out again after you have used it, and is probably slightly more hygienic than without, but it's your personal preference

As for the midwives, as long as you have a kettle and teabags and milk, they will be fine! You can always get a pack of biscuits in, if you feel like you want to have something on hand to offer them - unless you are a whizz at baking and feel like whipping up a cake!

Definitely buy tea, coffee, milk and biscuits for the midwives. Even if you don't normally have that sort of thing around they'll really appreciate it.

Hope the birth goes really well.

I know its not totally necessary but we are planning to have soup around (either made fresh or made a bit before and in the freezer) for us to eat during the labour and offer it to the midwives too. Also crackers, tea, etc. Personally I would like to be able to offer them something to eat especially if they are there for quite a while!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->