Food poisoning

misspriss

Reaction score
DD has a mild case of food poisoning, all vomiting no diharrea. It started after we had fast food last night for dinner. Everyone else had the same food, but I guess her system is not as tough or maybe she just got a bad chicken strip.

Anyway, I am drained. We have never had a vomiting bug or anyyhing that made DS vomit more than once or twice. DH and I took turns holding her while she slept last night as she was waking every 15-30 minutes to vomit or heave. Now today, I started trying to introduce breastmilk after about 12 hours. Couldnt keep it down at first but then she was going a couple of hours between so we have her two apple slices and water at lunch, and she couldnt keep that down or milk after that. She is napping again and I am totally bushed. No sleep, no clean clothes, I have had multiple showers, bathed and sponged up DD...I am just having a bit of a hard time and I needed to get it out.

I have heard of quite a few people having this over the past week, I hope she feels better soon. x

Its rough. We have so much stess in our lives already. It is just so heartbreaking to see her like this. So helpless knowing there is not much you can do.

She took 3 naps today, I can usually only get 1 out of her. She hasnt vomited in a while, but she has been napping. Poor baby. I really hope all the rest allows her to heal.

This is one of those things I feel like would be easier if I still had my mom around, someone to assure me I am doing the right things for her and stuff. My MIL just is not as maternal I guess. Also she only had one, my mom had 3 so more experience.

I hope today will be better! Poor things!

Well she didnt vomit again since before her last nap, but did have some gagging/dry heaving into the night. This morning she seems back to herself but I still think I will keep her on mainly breastmilk and go easy with the solids.

Glad she's feeling better so horrid when there so poorly. Sounds like you have done a great job.

Thanks. She isnt vomiting today but she seems to feel worse, just general malaise, no specific reason. I am figuring perhaps she has gut soreness or cramping leftover from yesterday.

Well, shortly after I posted that she had a massive puke then seemed better until after her afternoon nap. She has terrible gas, I think its giving her a lot of discomfort. Poor babe.

Well, I was 85% sure it was the dodgy chicken. I was wrong. Turns out it is a bug as my 3 year old came down with diharrea and vomiting this evening. Here is hoping it will be a bit easier to manage with a 3 year old, at least he is capable of puking in a container and he understands his tummy is ill and it will get better. That was part of the distress of watching DD as she doesnt really comprehend she will get better, too young to ccomprehend illness.

And also hoping DH and myself dont catch it, or MIL or FIL (that we live with) dont catch it.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:..Hope she feels better soon.. When my boys were little it was so bad the throwing up and coming from the other end too :sick: They are all big now, but I remember those times well .. Speedy recovery XO

We also did- me, my husband, two small children and grandparents. Nightmare! He you are better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->