Food!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Ok one not to do is peanuts .. I have read its about allergies & read:

You can eat nuts while you are pregnant unless, you have or had one of the following.
-asthma
-exzema
-hay fever

Anyone else any info - the internet had 1001 things to say! I gather peanut butter smooth is a no? :wacko:

And cheese ... soft cheese? What about primula & philidelphia? No nos?

Soft cheese is okay if it's pastuerised no blue cheese though. Philly and primula are fine.
I had cashew nut butter from Holland and Barret instead of peanutbutter, it tastes even better. Other ones to avoid are pate, liver, shellfish, undercooked eggs and meat must be well done! In other words all the things I like!

Yer I liked my soft egg yolks :(

An peanut butter - well I'm devoed lol!!

I'm funny about meat being wellllll cooked so thats not a prob.

Blue cheese - fishy stuff YAK

i go by these sites

https://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=917

https://www.eatwell.gov.uk/agesandstages/pregnancy/whenyrpregnant/

it tells you about foods, meats, veg and drinks.

There is debate as to wether you can have prawns or not, some say yes, some say no

xx

coleslaw :wacko: I had some last night.

Cottage cheese would that be an N O

some of the stuff the put on there is a bit strict, i eat colesaw, they are just being over protective about the mayo, but i think as long as you know where it comes from its ok. i think its only if its unpasterised (sp?) its a problem.

xx

Im the same as lynnie ...

No blue cheese (tis rank)
Sorry but i can't eat over done meat, i have to have mine medium rare so i avoid it.
Liver (EWWWWWWW)
But pate (i LOVE it)
Nuts i not eaten but im adicted to snickers ice creams at mo

Im soooooooooooo bad !
xxx

Im the same as lynnie ...

No blue cheese (tis rank)
Sorry but i can't eat over done meat, i have to have mine medium rare so i avoid it.
Liver (EWWWWWWW)
But pate (i LOVE it)
Nuts i not eaten but im adicted to snickers ice creams at mo

Im soooooooooooo bad !
xxx

Pate is made from liver you nut job.

Yeah well i was quite happy to ignore that fact so cheers for putting me off eating one of my fav foods for like EVER!!!

Lmfao!
xxx

Funny, OH said the same thing when I told him that!

I ate

Runny eggs
Mayo (helmans)
Prawns
Peanuts

As long as food is clean,comes from reliable source then its fine

I wouldnt eat

Pate
Liver
Blue Cheeses and Brie But I did have camemburt melted lol oh and I did have pate in a beef wellington but figured it was cooked so listeria wouldnt be present

My baby is fine I think these are guidelines only

Bex

I must confess I have not read all the thread :blush: , but....

I ate coleslaw, unless I ate out at certain pubs (not chains), as they may very well make their own, but I would eat shop bought and KFC coleslaw!

I longed for a runny egg sarnie and dodged them til I was about 7 months and had one :blush: but I avoided most other things mentioned!

I've been eating peanut butter, but only because I don't have any problems with the asthma, excema, etc.

Goats cheese you have to avoid which I love! Most mayo will be fine as it's pretty rare that anyone makes it the traditional way, particularly if you are buying a sandwich at a supermarket or anything like that.

Caffeine though! I read your other thread, DEF need to cut down on that. Remember that there is caffeine in chocolate and coke too. It all counts.

Feels like a minefield at first but you'll get the hang of it.

Did you ask a MW about the peanut butter thing then Helen?

Mayo I buy hellmans & its pasterised eggs

Coffee yip I know I mean I'm on half caf already ... actually I started that months ago but need to find something else I will drink. Chocolate isn't really me so 'm ok there an coke well yer loads with Bacardi so thats out LOL!!

Did you ask a MW about the peanut butter thing then Helen?

Hmmm... not specifically but asked about the peanut thing cos I was confused by it. She said the risk was really low and only if you'd got asthma, etc. yourself could you pass it on.

TBH I think all the risks are pretty low, but why take any risks?

Do you not each much peanut butter then?

Used to be totally addicted to the stuff!! :lol:

Cut right back a few years ago cos I was trying to lose weight and get fit. Had more since I was PG than I've probably had in those healthy years put together. I think it was the "how fat can I possibly get?!" thought that did it! :rofl:

Well I've taken a look through some info the nurse at the EPU gave me & its state 5 cups of coffee of origanal strenght or 10 cups of teas. Obviously if you have both its easy enough to work out.

It mentions the peanuts :dohh: says if you or partner suffer from what you mention or food allergies its sensible to avoid. I could slap my OH he has food allergies :trouble:

Bugger! That's bad luck. I'll go have one for you :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->