Footling breech

emmi26

Pregnant
Reaction score
Well had a midwife appointment today everything is perfect little lady is bang on for dates however she is footling breech and it's looking unlikely she will turn. There's a chance she will but midwife said its a small chance with the way she is positioned.
I have a growth scan at 36 weeks so in 2 weeks time and see consultant just to check her size but if she doesn't turn does anyone know when they will discuss birth ?
I won't have an ecv so I think it would mean a section midwife said something about her being a bit early if they do this so does that mean a section is done earlier than due date ?
Any help is great I have this feeling shes not going to turn Just really think she won't and with the position she's in its looking likely im right.

Emma

She still has plenty of time to turn, so try not to worry. :) there is a website called spinning babies. I know that they have several non-invasive suggestions on trying to get baby to turn.

If my twins can turn right round from one week to the next at 31 weeks i'm sure you can get your little one turned :) I find swimming works well it confuses them or something as they are floating in water and i'm then floating they seem to try and find the right way up again when i get out lol This has turned them from head down (unfortunately) to transverse and breech.... back to head down! Being on all 4's is also good a few times at home a day can help turn little one :thumbup:

Thanks will try both of them :)
There was a big lump at the top of my bump other day I assumed it was a bum till midwife said that's her head !
Its strange to me cause harry was head down from 28 weeks this little lady I can't catch my breath and have Braxton hicks which feel so tight cause her head is in my lungs !!
Be so much more comfortable if she turned !!!!

She still has plenty of time to turn, so try not to worry. :) there is a website called spinning babies. I know that they have several non-invasive suggestions on trying to get baby to turn.

This is exactly what I was going to say!! Spinning Babies has an incredible record when it comes to turning a breech babe, and having tried a few of their positions myself (trying to get LO's head to engage), I can testify that they are completely painless - unlike some of the horror stories I've heard of trying to have a physician turn the baby manually. (My mom still has stretch mark scars from her doctor's fingers turning my brother!! :wacko:)

And besides that, baby is still early enough that she might just turn on her own! Though a little encouragement and help from you wouldn't hurt. Good luck!!

She has loads of time to turn!
Try a birth ball and spinning babies.
Try not to lay on your back and lean back.
I'm sure she'll turn in time!

I've heard great things about Spinning Babies, too. I hope she turns on her own! I'm sure your midwife has a lot more baby experience than I do, but 6 weeks seems like a lot of time to turn around.

If she doesn't, I think they'll schedule a cesarian birth a little before your due date. Footling is the one type of breech that basically no doctors or midwives will attempt to deliver vaginally. They may have you come in for a c section as soon as labor starts naturally, but I'm thinking since you'll potentially have to have one no matter what, they'll probably prefer to schedule it.

My baby was any which way up til at least 38 weeks. He was a big baby so if he turned you have a chance!
As shells said swimming really helps!
Get/use a birth ball for sitting on and look at spinning babies
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back