For/against -longer school days?

Tasha that sounds great! Also solves the problem of children not getting enough exercise

Tasha that sounds great! Also solves the problem of children not getting enough exercise

I think that was probably the original idea, the school is actually on an estate that has four tower blocks which are about twenty-two floors high, so I imagine the children that live in them might not get as much exercise/fresh air as children with a garden do (not saying all but some) but it worked on more levels, like the childcare, the fact that they found it helps the children to be more awake at the beginning of school, more able to concentrate and therefore they get more out of school. It also helped them to get FIFA accredited.

I absolutely recommend all schools to do it, it is optional and it is fun. Surely better than the proposals mentioned in the OP.

My 3 yr old goes to school full time . 9-3:15 mon to fri and he loves it. Does him the world of good. X

Cant imagine any teachers will go for it after they just got there pay and pensions cut.

Like some one else said they need to work how to maximise the time children are already at school, better equipment, better training and support for teachers, better lessons plans, or how about just opening more bloody schools. We are having to move as the school here are over subscribed by 32% this year - so the chances of my sons getting a place any where close to home are slim.

They need to go back to the idea of changing the school year to a 5 term year, to help parents cope with holidays and give people a chance to get away without the extreme hike in prices during the current holidays.

It some seem that these tories are hell bent on pissing of all the people that keep the country running - teacher, firemen, health staff, and transport workers.

I would 100% home school/private tutor if this was the case.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->