for moms who are buying baby stuff before 20th week...

Bebica

Reaction score
I am so sure none of you have any worries about your pregnancy,or maybe never had any problems in previous ones...I do not wanna buy anything even though when i go to store i'd like to.I just can't relax completely like i was relaxed first time because second time around i did have problem with premature labor and i am still so scared that i will wait 37 weeks to buy stuff.They also say it's not good to buy things too early...so i am wondering,does any worry ever cross your mind or you are totally relaxed that now that 1st trimester passed you are sure everything will be ok so you can buy stuff already...how can i get into that mode????

It's all up to you. we bought things the first day we got our BFP. As of now, we have the room painted, the crib, matress, change table, diapers, stroller and car seat, all bought. If you want to buy things then do it. If you don't then wait. You are going to need these things one day if you are wanting a baby, so regardless of it now or later, you will need it. It helps when you spread it all out and then your not broke when the time comes.

Im not sure....Ive heard people say that you shouldn't buy things because you can jinx it..but I dont know how that works? Is buying stuff for the baby too early trigger something bad? Im not sure..I did buy some things for my baby at my 16 week private scan- I have just a few little outfits- I dont really belive in that..but everyone is different :)

It's all up to you. we bought things the first day we got our BFP. As of now, we have the room painted, the crib, matress, change table, diapers, stroller and car seat, all bought. If you want to buy things then do it. If you don't then wait. You are going to need these things one day if you are wanting a baby, so regardless of it now or later, you will need it. It helps when you spread it all out and then your not broke when the time comes.

Well I do have grown up kids already,hahah so...at my age,it's risky :) So either this one or those two I have but they will need wedding rings soon hahahahahah

Im not sure....Ive heard people say that you shouldn't buy things because you can jinx it..but I dont know how that works? Is buying stuff for the baby too early trigger something bad? Im not sure..I did buy some things for my baby at my 16 week private scan- I have just a few little outfits- I dont really belive in that..but everyone is different :)

I've heard it too,and don't believe it much but just because i've had problem last time,i am little overcautious now...and will rather wait.

Everyone has their own feelings/opinions on when to start buying. Hubby and I have been buying things since found out. Everyone starts at different times. But I have heard it is best to have neccessities by 8th month so will be prepaired when baby arrives.

Im 22 weeks and nearly finished and bought the pram the say before my 20 week scan! you cant jinx anything if something is going to happen it will so that argument is a non starter. It may be harder to deal with a loss if it sadly happens but i would think if it does then the things ive bought will be the least of my worries, they can go into storage until im in a better place. Id rather have everything in than go slightly early and have nothing or be stressing and waddling around the shops in the 3rd trimester, its personal thing though.

Too add i HAVE had problems in this pregnancy a few heavy bleeds and a SCH, ive also suffered a 1st trimester miscarriage in the past.

im nearky 17 weeks and scared yeh but still buying stuff

i have most of everything and the only reason im not buying the rest right now is caus we cant afford to so have to price things up and save for them lol,

I bought stuff for 'good luck' even before we were preggie..and it seems to work..the first outfit I bought back in August/September of last year was a baby girl layette...and we are having our little baby girl!!

We bought a carseat...were given some clothes and a baby bath...I bought some random things..little flowered hooks for hanging her little jackets on the wall..a little stepstool that Ive painted...all pretty soon after we got our BFP...Ive been buying babyclothes on clearance as I find them too...My stepmom went into premature labor at like..27 weeks..I know my pregnancy is a lot healthier than hers but you never know..so I want to be as prepared as possible just incase Brieanan shows up early...even if its only a few weeks early...

We've been buying like mad since after our 12 week scan (bought a few ickle things before that like socks and bibs) Yep I'm still worried sick too I think we all must be but it makes it all so exciting and real by buying things and pregnancy should be an exciting time! I figure there's just as much chance of something going wrong now as in 15 weeks time (not sure if that's true!) and there's no way I want to be rushing round buying things then!x

We were going to wait until really late (because of not wanting lots of things around in case something did go wrong), but it didn't work out like that. We needed to get the cot whilst I can still help put it together because my husband is awful at that kind of stuff. We had a voucher for the shop we bought our pushchair from which would have expired so we bought that too.

I've just been given loads of stuff by my sister because I don't see her often and might not again until after the baby is born so we have quite a bit of baby stuff around now, there doesn't seem much point in putting off buying other things at this point.

I won't be getting clothes for quite a while because I need to wait for the winter stuff to come in.

I haven't bought anything yet. My in laws have loads of stuff ready to give us, new and used, but I have only bought stuff for me so far, i.e. maternity bras.

I think if you have had a scare, miscarriage or premature labour it is natural to be apprehensive about buying things.

I have bought things now but my MC was at 10.5 weeks last time. I don't think there is any problem with waiting, nor is there a problem if you want to buy something. we live in a technological age and there isn't anything you can't get easily and quickly if baby arrives unexpectedly.

I hope that you find a peace with whatever decision you make.

I am now 14 weeks or so, and afraid to buy anything. But, this a pregnancy that comes after 3 miscarriages in a row. We do have a 7 year old son and most all of his things are in the attic where they have been patiently waiting for a sibling. So, we won't really need to buy too much. Maybe a few girl things if it is girl. I know with our first, I was so excited and jumped right into buying things. It is harder, like others have said, after you've had losses.

I've had one miscarriage and still don't feel safe in this pregnancy, it's such a shame, not enjoying it half as much as i should be but i'm so worried all the time. I'm getting most my clothes second hand from friends, we won't knoiw the sex till after he/she is born so will go shopping later for nice clothes.

Buuuutt....buying stuff I've found has helped me keep positive and take my mind off my worries, makes me forget them and i even find myself getting a bit excited!! I've got the cot, moses basket, bouncer and a few other little bits. Just started looking at prams but have decided to get that to celebrate v day when I am 24 weeks! Once you start you can't stop.

We had a few things already before I got pregnant like some onesies, receiving blankets, teethers, and a few toys. After our first scan at 8 weeks we started buying diapers and wipes when we had coupons for them. We've also gotten a few toys and books. We're waiting to buy anything else unless it's a really good deal until after our 19 week ultrasound. I am still nervous that something might go wrong, but planning and being prepared is part of the excitement for me and so I'm trying to do my best to allow myself to enjoy. I understand how hard it can be, though. I hope that you can relax soon and have fun buying. :hugs:

Im 13 weeks and am having my scan tomorrow, and i havent even thought of buying anything yet :( is that bad?
This is my first and to be honest i havent got a clue what to start with, whats a neccesity and whats not?

I havent bought a thing yet, primarily because we need to decorate the baby's room first but also a little bit because I haven't wanted to jinx it! The decorating begins next week though so I'll start to pull stuff together once the room is finished.

I still worry the shit.
My MC was an early one at 8 weeks ... doesn't make the slightest bit of difference that it was early.
Things can go wrong at ANY stage so once we're passed the 'biggies' we need to relax a little ... that doesn't mean buying things just relax.

It took a lot for me to do that ...
I'm still worrying about incompetant cervix even tho I've been the hospital :dohh:

No advice really . . .

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->